Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 16, 24, 06:41:59:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2659708 Posts in 298517 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ooops! Cliven Bundy Chits in his Mess Kit 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print
Author Topic: Ooops! Cliven Bundy Chits in his Mess Kit  (Read 796 times)
justincase

« on: 04 24, 14, 10:12:42:AM » Reply

GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race

Offering words of encouragement for a rancher leading an armed standoff against federal rangers turns out to be not so great of a political move – especially when the rancher in question muses publicly about the benefits of slavery.

Republicans – including possible 2016 candidate Rand Paul -- are scrambling to distance themselves from defiant Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy after he made startling comments about slavery and African-Americans in a New York Times article published Wednesday night.

From the Times’ Adam Nagourney:

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Bundy had previously drawn support from some GOP lawmakers for his clash with the Bureau of Land Management.

After Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called Bundy and his allies “domestic violent terrorist wannabes,” fellow Sen. Dean Heller countered last week that they are “patriots.” Paul urged Reid to “calm the rhetoric” and criticized the federal government for what he described as an intimidating presence during the standoff. “The federal government shouldn’t violate the law, nor should we have 48 federal agencies carrying weapons and having SWAT teams,” he told a Kentucky radio station.

In statements after Bundy’s remarks, both Paul and Heller condemned his comments.

"His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him,” said Paul.

And a spokesman for Heller told the Times that the senator “completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy’s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.”
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 04 24, 14, 10:16:56:AM » Reply

There be a lot more porches down south, filled with them waiting on that next welfare check.

What's racist about blacks sitting on their porches waiting on their government hand out's as payments for their vote?

Wasn't that the intentions of LBJ to have them vote democrat for the next 200 years.

lluke47

« Reply #2 on: 04 24, 14, 10:18:29:AM » Reply

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Come to the South and I can show you house after house like this, Bundy is telling the truth, Rand Paul knows but PC heathens ignore the truth and look down on the facts as irrelevant.

The Times are just shit stirrers with only one goal, to cause division between the races..
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 04 24, 14, 10:21:05:AM » Reply

Remember it was the times that warned the terrorist that their phone calls were  being listened to.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #4 on: 04 24, 14, 10:21:48:AM » Reply

No link, no facts, all fraud!
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #5 on: 04 24, 14, 10:24:08:AM » Reply

When all else fails play the race card.
flgirl
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 04 24, 14, 10:27:00:AM » Reply

Rand Paul probably feels the same way as Bundy, but because of politics, pretends to be shocked.  What Bundy said is truth, and the dems and fence sitter repbs. want to use any little thing to bring up the race card.  I guess they want all the people that vote twice or more to vote for them.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #7 on: 04 24, 14, 10:37:05:AM » Reply

Why is anyone responding to Justincase's fraudulent post?

Why respond to a person who refuses to link to his source?

Is he ashamed of his source?

Most likely!
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #8 on: 04 24, 14, 10:45:52:AM » Reply

you can see the same thing with hillbillies in trailer parks with their confederate flags flying while they play dominos and cook up the crystal meth....or swap oxycontin for somebody else's road kill supper. 
lluke47

« Reply #9 on: 04 24, 14, 10:51:32:AM » Reply

you can see the same thing with hillbillies in trailer parks with their confederate flags flying while they play dominos and cook up the crystal meth....or swap oxycontin for somebody else's road kill supper.

And they all vote demonrat, you lying pos..
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 04 24, 14, 10:56:00:AM » Reply

Sad so many are afraid to admit Bundy is telling the truth.

Blacks in the U.S. are like the canary in the mine. Their crime rates go up faster during recessions, and go down faster in good times,” says Gary LaFree, director of the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at the University of Maryland.

LaFree, author of Losing Legitimacy: Street Crime and the Decline of Social Institutions in America, says. “But I think it’s the case that historical events may be better predictors of crime than structural elements.” LaFree pointed to the social upheavals of the 1960s and the crack epidemic of the 1980s. Both events took place during economic boom times, and yet both events were accompanied by increases in crime.

But not if the economy continues to deteriorate. If that happens, the primacy of economic explanations for crime may regain ground, and something reminiscent of the 1970s may result—high unemployment, stagnant wages, and plummeting faith in government to boot. (If Obama’s and Congress’ approval ratings are any indication, the last may already be happening.) The ‘60s and ‘70s “brought not just a government crisis, but a family crisis, a business crisis—a major institutional crisis,” LaFree says. “That’s not happening. You don’t have people marching in the streets—yet. My guess is if conditions remain poor, they will start.”
justincase

« Reply #11 on: 04 24, 14, 10:56:55:AM » Reply

Here's the link since dumber2dumbest is obviously too stupid to find it herself.

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/politics/politics-news/gop-scrambles-condemn-ranchers-remarks-race-n88556

Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Ooops! Cliven Bundy Chits in his Mess Kit
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory