Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 03:40:31:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653506 Posts in 297928 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: For non believers, easter is just sunday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: For non believers, easter is just sunday  (Read 589 times)
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

A goal without a plan, is just a wish.

« Reply #12 on: 04 20, 14, 10:19:49:AM » Reply

(( you being held captive unit you accept and believe? ))

What does that even mean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Total Bullshit luke, nuff said...
lakitss

« Reply #13 on: 04 20, 14, 10:32:53:AM » Reply

The wife and I went to see "God's not dead" at the show. Interesting, but still a pro god message.

Clearly some people have a need for this higher power to have an influence over them. It's far easier than to accept the consequences of our actions or choices.

My wife asked me where do I get "hope" from. I said I don't need hope. Hope implies we are helpless. Prayers are to fix something we did, ask for forgiveness for our imperfect lives, or to provide guidance when problems arise. That's why we have brains, to help us help ourselves. Far too often these prayers and all this hope changes nothing because we did nothing or nothing could be done.

I submit we are all in charge of our lives, and shit happens. Much is our own doing, the rest is because of our interactions with others. To believe a god has influence over 5 billion people's lives is absurd to me.
JigSaw-II
I know you know what I think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

« Reply #14 on: 04 20, 14, 11:01:16:AM » Reply

The unprepared uses God as an escape goat.  All things happen due to human actions and the law of physics.  Because there's no hard evidence how life started, one was invented.  Once invented, then the theories started.  2,000 years from now, who knows what the theories will be.  Hell, just like the Dinosaurs, Human life, as we know it today, could be extinct...

Of course, just my opinion...
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #15 on: 04 20, 14, 11:10:29:AM » Reply

I believe God must have been the Universe's first and greatest scientist...

I live in the hope of renewal and everlasting life, based upon MY own actions and life, for which I must atone and ask for forgiveness, when needed.  But that journey and belief is also my own and I no longer believe that following any particular church is necessary to live a life of honesty and good will.  I am able to God's good works here on Earth, without needing any "middleman" from a church. 

I also believe that God gives us every opportunity to live a life of good and just behavior and is willing to allow us to choose whatever path we want.  This is a time of renewal and rebirth and its beauty is all around us. 

Whatever you choose as your path today, do it with full heart and open mind.  There is nothing wrong w/ wishing you all a very Blessed Easter today and telling you that I hope you have a wonderful day of renewal and hope.
wvit1001

« Reply #16 on: 04 20, 14, 11:11:28:AM » Reply

one things for sure, there is a physical and chemical explanation for how life started on Earth.  And that explanation is not that it was through some type of magic.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 04 20, 14, 11:28:59:AM » Reply

And the questions about how it all came about will continue for another millenium, as science proves and disproves it over and over again...

That is why faith is such a personal journey...there are no easy answers, the evidence of our inception is still the perception of man.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #18 on: 04 20, 14, 11:45:05:AM » Reply

Let's hope that poor hopefully still sweet woman if it hasn't already been brow beaten out of her like dirty swears of a bully

hasn't lost all hope of finding a humble spirit grateful to God for His creation He has given.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 04 20, 14, 12:15:47:PM » Reply

Hope implies we are helpless.

I respectfully disagree.

Hope implies we believe there is an opportunity for renewal, change in direction or new opportunities in our futures.
JigSaw-II

« Reply #20 on: 04 20, 14, 12:56:47:PM » Reply

"Hope implies we are helpless."

(( I respectfully disagree. ))

If you have the ability to achieve your lifestyle or your goals in life, why do you need hope?  Hope means you do not have that ability, and you hope it can be done... 
lakitss

« Reply #21 on: 04 20, 14, 01:09:19:PM » Reply

I concur with jigsaw.

The arrogance of a god or whoever to allegedly create us, then allow us to make a choice in faith or no faith, free will etc, then to be surprised that we don't all blindly accept him with no visible proof is what gets me.

Show yourself! Convince us that we're wrong and then we can clear this up forever.
JigSaw-II

« Reply #22 on: 04 20, 14, 01:24:31:PM » Reply

IMHO ~ Ghosts and God are a myth, they do not exist.  Their names are just used as escape goats to issues/events they can not explain.

All the prayers going out to their God for the life of those children on the ferry that capsized, will go unanswered.  It won't be the will of their God who saves them,  But the ability of those children to save themselves.

If I sound cruel, I'm sorry, but facts are facts...
lakitss

« Reply #23 on: 04 20, 14, 01:28:00:PM » Reply

That's true. Some shit just happens. Some good, some not. I think that's why I have such a huge problem with the liberals in DC; they think we are incapable of running our own lives. We do good shit, and we do bad shit. It's not politicians role or governments role to run our lives when clearly they have enough of their own problems in life to dictate to others.

Based on the condition this country is in, I'd say I'm right.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: For non believers, easter is just sunday
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory