Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 08:47:26:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660476 Posts in 298591 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: My Friend wrote this for her hometown Newspaper. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: My Friend wrote this for her hometown Newspaper.  (Read 815 times)
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« on: 06 29, 10, 10:13:40:AM » Reply

Americans are anxiously watching the toxic oil spilling into the Gulf and fouling the coastlines of several states. The nightly news brings us graphic images of the devastation caused by toxic sludge collecting where it doesn't belong.

In two separate places this morning, I read references to toxic personalities, making me think that perhaps the subject should be addressed while we can link it to the graphic example in nature.

At some point in our lives, all of us are bound to meet a person with a toxic attitude. Maybe it's that person addicted to gossip, or someone who is permanently negative about life in general. These folks dump their bad attitudes into our lives and that can foul our minds and emotions with caustic sludge.

If we recognize what is happening, we can take steps to avoid becoming caught up with that same toxic attitude.

When they start to gossip, stop them or change the subject.  Don't give a reply to the gossip.
When they are all about being negative, I call them " energy vampires" because they sucked all your energy with negativity, find something to say that is positive, or just Don't answer.
You can find what works best in your situation, just don't get caught in " Caustic sludge".
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #1 on: 06 29, 10, 10:46:13:AM » Reply

She needs to practice what she preaches.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 06 29, 10, 11:30:38:AM » Reply

And you're posting this on every board so that both sides of the aisle receive the message, right?

Or is it just one side you believe has to step up ?
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 06 29, 10, 11:58:41:AM » Reply

Hadn't thought about posting it anywhere else, as the point was to remember to give a "positive" lift" to all  you come into contact with daily,.  It made me stop and think about how I act with certain people in my neighborhood, and how I need to step up.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 06 29, 10, 12:39:58:PM » Reply

I hear ya grio.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #5 on: 06 29, 10, 12:56:29:PM » Reply

That was a good analogy.  I guess we can all be toxic at times.  It's very rare to find someone who is all sweetness and light.   
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: My Friend wrote this for her hometown Newspaper.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory