Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 12:25:23:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660618 Posts in 298607 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: How did we survive growing up? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: How did we survive growing up?  (Read 1236 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 02 10, 14, 09:33:30:AM » Reply

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GWRdHXbTmrs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/GWRdHXbTmrs</a>
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 02 10, 14, 10:13:07:AM » Reply

great thought provoking post....

times have changed... and we do change with them only taking with us the core of our beliefs...

sure we used to walk down the street with not a care in the world... but when you're in the mist of what's there and that interferes with your core.... you carry... sorry... but that's how it is...life changes....

I remember the slip and slide... and the outdoor pool that every kid in the neighborhood would want to get in on the hottest days in Chicago... our house was the hangout maybe because we had the most kids in it... and we all had our personalities back then... and still do... but my mother wondered what happened to us on her dying bed... all I can say is life happened...and would argue... you just don't understand Mother.... I don't think she did.....

She asked me if I could kill somebody... I told her absolutely in self defense no other way... it's either that way or the highway....why am I mentioning this on a board... cause I really keep it real...No I wouldn't go out and hunt someone who has harmed me in anyway.... but knowing what I know... like a rat they eventually step in the trap... hope you understand that....

A trap that has no trespassing signs, surveillance all over the place and the knowledge that the police force here is ineffective.... what's a person to do...

I hear you Takn.... Move..

Answer...in this day and time.... get real my friend...Seriously get real...

I remember when I got my first car... the gasoline was 59 cent a galloon... and the day I signed on the dotted for it...it  went up to 79 cent a gallon... I was floored or parked most of the time... the cost of living never matched that cost of living... has it....probably never will...

So you work harder to stay strong or get left behind in a world of mess... and have I lived in a mess of things.....I must tell you I didn't start gaining weight until I got that damn car.... cause walking was never going to happen unless it was sport...

For women... live has changed for us... no more are the day of "June Cleaver"  where we can be stay at home moms... no more.... we have to go out and work like a man and yet we didn't get paid like one... so what's a girl to do... seek out jobs that men do... that is what I did....secretary... clerk... no freaking way....hell I can't type... no matter how hard I try...I know you know that....lol but I'm just saying....

I remember on one of those jobs... back then... the mentality of men were different... "you wanted women's liberation now you got it"....

What???

My young ass couldn't understand what the hoopla was about... if you can do it man ...so can I... how easy can that be.... but now I'm on the same foundation that you are....somewhat... except you carry around the attitude and me.... well I learned from you......most of the time the hard way cause I just didn't understand...

I wished that we could have had June Cleaver lifestyle cause that's what we grew up to suppose to be...... but women's liberation spoiled it all and idiot men....for all of  us  the cost of living did a very bad thing...didn't it?

We can talk about that later....don't want to think of how we are surviving that and are still trying....

The pictures that I have of me was a long shot of me carrying around a M16....how sad I can't burn them... cause I'm in a different place and spirit now...but we do what we have to do to survive today and pray for tomorrow's world...

Oh!  I should delete this thread cause it maybe too much for a board...

but.... I'll let this one stand....sorry Sun for messing up your train of thought again...lol

Oh!  Good Morning!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 02 10, 14, 11:38:40:AM » Reply

Don't delete it. I enjoy reading your ramblings. :-)  I'm having an online yard sale...are you coming luv? So far I brought in $600 and have not had to set anything up outside.. I sold a bunch of old furniture and garden goodies. I listed them as a yard sale on craigslist...when they come for what they want, they see something else.  I'm cleaning up and downsizing.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 02 10, 14, 12:10:49:PM » Reply

I think we survived because we took personal responsibility for our actions and our parents held us to a higher standard.  We weren't allowed to stay inside and vegetate in front of video games or television, we took our bumps and bruises and they became badges of honor.
Political correctness has surpassed personal responsibility and accountability as well...excuses, excuses, excuses...I am sick of them.

luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 02 10, 14, 12:46:43:PM » Reply

just got off the phone with the heating company and their shut off notice... I told them that the payment I made should have posted... it did but this month it was 707.03... yes it was... and I told her I am going to continue to make my budget amount until it's made off...@#$$#... maybe sometime in June depends on the weather.... I tell you... and that's really the reason I'm always watching the weather cause... it cost a lot here.... I told her I could pitch a tent on the Atlantic ocean next winter and it won't cost me that much to heat up anything...

but it's not her fought or mines...it's the world we live in and it's changing every day... the strongest of us will survive it...and I will cause...but not at these rates....

I will be somewhere else in the world next winter...you can bet your bottom dollar on that... and no... I'm not selling just relocating for 6 months out of the year... but deep down inside seriously... I'm hoping that the idiots around here burn this sucker down....lol   yes I do...so I can collect on the insurance and live in the style I should be living and around halfway decent people.... this is a lost cause... but being strong means doing what you have to do until something changes... and trust me it will....

Selling would be a loss cause .... no one is going to buy what I put into it...and I'm not looking to make a profit... just half...ok....now that's on the table.... and if it happens and I'm seriously hoping it don't.... well... time will tell... but as sure as crack heads are crack heads... anything can happen...

Sunshine.... I'd love to go to your yard sale... another missed opportunity for sure.... but I'm saving... when I move to the south... I will do whatever it takes to make it if you have one there... love garage, yard, moving sales anywhere on the planet... right now...it's focus on the move.... and saving is hard.... 707.03... come on... sucker born every minute...

I'm thinking that the Youngstown University can buy this house for a decent price.... not written in blood... but it will have a lot to offer a college university for a frat house... I know the idiots around here wouldn't like it.... but karma is a bitch....lol

I see real changes in the next couple of years...just got to keep my health up.... oh... tired of all the crappy houses I see in Memphis for the price I can afford... I may venture into a newer territory some place close but east of the Mississippi.... but not on the coast of the Atlantic.... too many tornados... and the deep south is out of the question.... I do still want the 4 seasons but not this much....out of Ohio for sure....talk about politics.... whew!
caserio1

« Reply #5 on: 02 10, 14, 02:33:57:PM » Reply

careful, hon

some companies require replacing the insured structure in order to collect
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 02 10, 14, 05:25:05:PM » Reply

Well we almost didn't survive.  We were babies put to bed in air raid shelters and fed dried milk, dried egg and each had ration books for government provisions.   My Dad was in the Royal Air Force and my Mum did war work at a factory, splitting mica.  We listened to the wireless and played board games.  We were raised by the neighborhood as everyone worked in shifts and my Mum would never know what to expect when she got up the next morning as to who had survived the night.  We lived within a few miles of London in the suburbs.

We watched the tribute to the Beatles last night and I was holding back tears all through it because that was my generation.  We came here with our Beatles Album in October of 1963 and nobody had ever heard of them and then all hell broke loose.  While in high school I was even writing song lyrics for musicians as I had joined the British Songwriters Society and one of my collaborators was in college with Paul McCartney.  We never got anywhere - at least I left before I knew if any music had got published.  I had a few articles published in the music papers at least.

I met my husband when we were both 16 and we had to get permission to be married as we were underage.  He was an apprenticed aeronautical engineer at 15 on a 5-year course and I had graduated high school with 6 GCE's which is the equivalent of a 2-year college degree here, (so they say), got a job as a secretary to a litigation solicitor and went to college at night.  We purchased our own home, had a baby girl and by early 20's had sold it, passed all the requirements for immigration and headed for the States.  We knew there were opportunities here that we didn't have at home.  We have had our ups and downs but are still together and never looked back at what might have been had we stayed.  We were lucky that our first little home, that we had scraped to purchase with a loan from my boss for the down payment, tripled in value in the first 18 months and gave us the opportunity to sell and afford to come to the States.

I wouldn't trade the experiences, and there were many, that we have had for anything and it was lucky that we were young enough to be impulsive and unafraid.  I sometimes wonder how we did it.   We came to friends of our own age who had come out a few months before us and a cousin who had brought his family out as well and other contacts we had been given through friends.

Our first night out with friends was at PJ's nightclub on Sunset Strip and there he was..........Trini Lopez.......singing "I want to be in America, no place for me like America".   It was pure magic.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 02 10, 14, 05:53:56:PM » Reply

Emily...wasn't that just the best tribute for the Beatles? I felt bad  for Yoko sitting there without her John.
caserio1

« Reply #8 on: 02 10, 14, 06:12:32:PM » Reply

against my better judgement I opened sunshines ode to her childhood

cas looked for the black kids but couldn't find any

did they really exist ?
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 02 10, 14, 06:19:28:PM » Reply

cas... they'd never do that here... wouldn't be worth the expense...hell the neighborhood idiots ruined any chances for that to happen... an insurance company would be foolish to do that... it would cost more than the house is worth....plus keep in mind these folks politicians,  around here love to raze these houses for the money.they can get...for doing that... mindless I say... truly mindless...one of the reasons folks are taking flight out of here....

plus... now don't quote me... this is suppose to be historical district...or we are close to it... within walking distance...some of the folks really try here but not enough...I'd like to see a crane come by and rebuilt the whole area.... put dorms up and frat houses all around the place... but I don't think we have that many college student to foot the bill...

Another loss cause...

All I know is that I'm heading up out of here so I don't have to suffer and the Veteran's Outreach will pay a portion of this bill as long as I have a shut off notice.... politics in the raw.... I tell you.... do whatever you have to do to survive this hell... I tell you....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 02 11, 14, 10:28:34:AM » Reply

So what are you trying to say Cassie? I had one black person in my first through 6th grades out in MO. Guess what...she was my best friend so don't go there if that's where you were leading. Okay?
caserio1

« Reply #11 on: 02 11, 14, 10:31:53:AM » Reply

it has to do with the insurance co practice of avoiding the paying of claims
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: How did we survive growing up?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory