Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 12:13:46:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663700 Posts in 298900 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Only Morons Believe Businesses Can Be Built By One Person 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Only Morons Believe Businesses Can Be Built By One Person  (Read 136 times)
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #24 on: 12 30, 13, 09:22:52:AM » Reply

the Preamble?  we are talking about Article I, Section 8, and general welfare means whatever congress wants it to mean, just like common defense does.  idiot.  the Preamble just gives a general synopsis of why the constitution is being written, and general goals, it does not lay down any foundation for any laws.  Article I, Section 8 clearly does:

Clause 1. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
The very first power given to Congress by the Constitution is the power to tax. Money is power, and in the governmental structure created by the Constitution, Congress—not the president—controls the money. Congress also has the power to levy tariffs (taxes on imported goods) but it's not allowed to charge more for imports into one state than into another. The Framers of the Constitution probably put the tax power first on the list of Congress's enumerated powers because they were acutely aware that one of the biggest problems of the old Articles of Confederation was that its version of Congress did not have the power to tax, and thus didn't have the power to do much of anything at all.

why do you believe the dumbfuck you quoted, jerkwater, when he is using the preamble as his source for general welfare?  it does not matter what anybody wrote about what the constitution means after it was ratified by the states or before, it only matters what is written down IN THE CONSTITUTION, AND HOW THE SUPREME COURT AND CONGRESS INTERPRET WHAT IT MEANS....even as dumb as right wingers are, they have to know that there are just way too many worthy goals and programs needed to enhance the general welfare to LIST THEM ALL INDIVIDUALLY...and they knew that society would change, the needs of the people would change, as time goes on.  they were not shallow minded clowns like you are, jerkwater.  are you saying we do not need an FBI, that NASA is wrong, the interstate highway system is wrong, the hoover dam and other hydroelectric federal projects are wrong, the national park service is wrong, the internet is wrong, the FDA is wrong, USDA is wrong, FEMA is wrong and they are all unconstitutional? 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #25 on: 12 30, 13, 09:45:22:AM » Reply

The “general welfare” clause is mentioned twice in the U.S. Constitution: first, in the preamble and second, it is found in Article 1, Section 8.

The preamble reads: “WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution refers to the “general welfare” thus: “The Congress shall have the Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States. . .”

The preamble clearly defines the two major functions of government: (1) ensuring justice, personal freedom, and a free society where individuals are protected from domestic lawbreakers and criminals, and; (2) protecting the people of the United States from foreign aggressors.

If you advocate for federal spending on social welfare programs, you are describing a redistribution of income for the benefit of Specific individual citizens INSTEAD of (for example) a strong national defense. Which of those activities is the government LEGALLY REQUIRED to perform? (hint: Art. I, Sec. 8, U.S. Constitution.)

If the Federal government MUST do certain things, and something is NOT EXPRESSLY STATED in the constitution as a duty of Federal Government, then HOW (or WHOM) should any other services be provided? (Hint: Tenth Amendment)
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #26 on: 12 30, 13, 10:23:03:AM » Reply

i do not know who you are quoting, but he is a dumbass.  the preamble grants no powers or authority to anyone.  like i said much earlier, the preamble is just a preamble.  just a general synopsis.  but article 1, section 1, clause 1, is the crux of the whole constitution.  and general welfare means whatever congress is willing to fund through taxation.  it is not limited to the other specific programs that were mandated, it is in addition to those.  only an idiot would think any document would try to list each and every possible way congress could provide for the common defense and general welfare of the country.  there would be no air force.  where is that specifically mentioned?  no NASA...all the other great and wonderful federal programs that provide for the common defense and the general welfare, like the constitution clearly provided. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #27 on: 12 30, 13, 10:24:35:AM » Reply

If you advocate for federal spending on social welfare programs, you are describing a redistribution of income for the benefit of Specific individual citizens INSTEAD of (for example) a strong national defense. Which of those activities is the government LEGALLY REQUIRED to perform? (hint: Art. I, Sec. 8, U.S. Constitution.)

If the Federal government MUST do certain things, and something is NOT EXPRESSLY STATED in the constitution as a duty of Federal Government, then HOW (or WHOM) should any other services be provided? (Hint: Tenth Amendment)
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #28 on: 12 30, 13, 10:47:44:AM » Reply

social security and medicare are constitutional and ask your fellow repubs how they need and want those two congressionally passed federal programs.  bush and the repubs proposed and helped pass the medicare prescription drug plan in 2005....are you crying about that?
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #29 on: 12 30, 13, 10:51:12:AM » Reply

Imagine someone so ignorant to think that farmer bob and his family in the 1800's couldn't grow corn on his own, cart it to town on dirt roads, and sell it to local store owners, thereby creating and growing a business on his own. 

BTW: Roads are not created by the Government. They are created by foot traffic because (normally) it is the shortest distance between two points.  Which then turns into wagon trails, which years later can be turned to hard surface by a private company, paid for by the people, through taxes to create smoother travel.

Just because the government was the middleman handling the money does not mean the government subsidized anything.  The people who mostly use those roads paid every penny..  But the hard surface is not a necessary element.  They could still do business on those dirt roads.

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: 12 30, 13, 11:33:42:AM » Reply

Critics point out[127] that under the Social Security laws as they existed at that time, several thousand employees of Galveston County, Texas were allowed to opt out of the Social Security program in the early 1980s, and have their money placed in a private retirement plan instead. While employees who earned $50,000 per year would have collected $1,302 per month in Social Security benefits, the private plan paid them $6,843 per month. While employees who earned $20,000 per year would have collected $775 per month in Social Security benefits, the private plan paid them $2,740 per month, at interest rates prevailing in 1996.[127]

But SS taxes help politicians in the federal government. 

Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #31 on: 12 30, 13, 12:27:23:PM » Reply

Well call me a moron.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #32 on: 12 30, 13, 12:43:49:PM » Reply

roads are created by foot traffic.  hilarious.  i just drove to dallas the other day from ft. worth on an interstate highway that was made of concrete.   okay, nancy dan.  you are a moron. 
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #33 on: 12 30, 13, 01:00:11:PM » Reply

That interstate highway was once a foot path, or next to a foot path that eventually turned into a wagon and stagecoach path.  Fool.

Hoosier thinks its "rational" to give credit to the caveman for creating the Michelin tire company.

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #34 on: 12 30, 13, 01:10:56:PM » Reply

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

Paradoxical Commandments
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #35 on: 12 30, 13, 01:39:23:PM » Reply

You missed my point, hooshit, and I was addressing darkflower.

And all those that I mentioned paid taxes to governments whereby private businesses (pavers, telephone workers, etc) all made profits.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Only Morons Believe Businesses Can Be Built By One Person
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory