Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 09:22:17:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653415 Posts in 297920 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Oregon just gifted a uber successful corporation with a tax break. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Oregon just gifted a uber successful corporation with a tax break.  (Read 131 times)
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« on: 12 11, 13, 11:00:18:AM » Reply

Why do so?

Professor Emeritus Wolff says to not do this - but this week Oregon's Governor just did this - gave Nike a sweetheart deal for 30 YEARS - where he froze their corporate tax rate. He did the same thing last year with Intel - froze their corporate tax rate for 30 years, too.

So who will Oregon's Governor Kitzhaber be taxing to make up the difference - over the next 30 years?

Only the rich? Never the overburdened middle class in Oregon? The people of Oregon - don't seem to care.

Come on. Professor Wolff says it makes no sense to gift a profitable corporation with any tax incentive, or break. And yet current PROGRESSIVE LEADERS in our nation are doing so - right now.

Why can't the people opine about that? Myself and anyone else included?

Just because wvit doesn't care - doesn't mean others can't question and hold elected leaders accountable. I am following the words of Professor Wolff and speaking up and demanding to know why, after all. Not just sticking my head in the sand and refusing to ponder why they did so. Like wvit. And I sure as hell am hell bent to hold any and all elected leaders accountable today - when they "f" up my state. And my nation. Gifting Nike with a tax break today? Come on...
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #1 on: 12 11, 13, 11:06:37:AM » Reply

If you want jobs in your state, you do not penalize those wanting to hire in your state.You give them incentive's so they don't go somewhere else with more favorable conditions. Do you think you statee is the IDEAL place for all companieas to do business, or do youwant to tax them out of your state like CA. does?
willam

« Reply #2 on: 12 11, 13, 11:21:03:AM » Reply

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT professors of note to uber progressives say you should never do this. Ever.

30 YEARS? To two of Oregon's most profittable in-bedded corporate profiteering mongers?

Come on.

Who is telling us the truth in Oregon - about where the monies for funding a (supposedly) SUSTAINABLE public bureaucrasy that feeds off of Nike Corporate tax breaks - will come?

You wanna place your bet right now - it won't be the rich - who will make up the difference in Oregon - year after year - from here on out?
It WILL be the already over-taxed middle class instead?

You wanna move to Oregon and explain how come this had to be - to Oregonians living here. Already being TAXED here? When professors who opine about economics at the highest level - don't advise doing this - in the year 2013. Or ever - anymore?
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 12 11, 13, 11:44:17:AM » Reply

You wanna place your bet right now

I'm not into hunches and bets when it comes to something that can be found out as fact. If I remember correctly, Boeing moved to the SE because of Taxes.
willam

« Reply #4 on: 12 11, 13, 12:19:54:PM » Reply

Boeing right now - has a corporation packing up and leaving Washington State BECAUSE THE WORKERS WANTED MORE. The workers voted down a proposed worker pay scale- that was not PLEASING ENOUGH to Washington State's workers.

Not because of the taxation rate.

So WHY in the hell did our Progressive Governor who is ratcheting up state government spending at lightning speed - intent on DENYING the state government tax revenues?

Instead - after this current governor of ours is long gone - the MIDDLE CLASS will pay - long and hard MORE and MORE and MORE with their taxes being rasied - to fill in the gaps. Over the next 30 stinking long years.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #5 on: 12 11, 13, 12:32:10:PM » Reply

Vote in a Governor next election that will rescind the 30 years agreements.

Problem solved!

btw, OR has some of the nations more favorable property rights, and example

is no seizures by the cops without a conviction!
DaBoz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 12 11, 13, 12:46:21:PM » Reply

william, taxes, labor cost, insurance , local taxes , skill labor availability, location all are factors that go to the bottom line. You can claim that taxes were not the cause, but it is part of the total.

Raising taxes on them is only raising the cost of their product to you.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 12 11, 13, 01:23:20:PM » Reply

Governor Kitzhaber is planning to run for yet another term.  He relies on his backers to secure this for him.  It's just politics, as usual.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: Oregon just gifted a uber successful corporation with a tax break.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory