Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 11:31:02:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653720 Posts in 297947 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: So is everything back to normal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: So is everything back to normal  (Read 1130 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 06 22, 10, 07:29:11:AM » Reply

What is that you ask?

The first day of summer 2010 will go down big in my book..

Went out to the garage and found out I left my car door open and it killed the battery... no problem you say...lol

Well, I tried to jump... and didn't work... so to the rescue...AAA comes jumps it and put it on their machine... REPLACE...

What? 

Are you kidding?  I just replaced the darn thing last year... a AAA battery and had a hard time with AAA for it... cause if you take the battery out and have it charged at Auto Zone it forefeits the warranty... vowing to cancel AAA... I  call them to jump it again cause I had a couple more calls for it... one of the nice employees works gets me another battery for free... ok....

So... I get another battery for free... and low and behold the same thing happened with that battery... and it happened yesterday the first day of summer... after I called AAA and got a jump...the service guy says to run the car for one half hour... so I decided to take a drive instead of leaving it in the driveway running...

cruising... I went into Dairy Queen at their busiest times  lots of folks there trying to cool off with a cone... and you got it....

Freaking battery went dead and yes I forgot to take my cellphone again... so... the whole store came out and pushed me out of line and into the parking lot where I waited until the same guy from AAA came...... after he had his evening meal I guess cause it took a long time...

and jumped me again...

So I got the warranty papers for the battery and it's still under warranty for 3 years I guess.....and they should deliver me another battery today... why today... cause that's the only car that has a full tank of gas... and fill up is on the 1st of the month here....so...

it's raining cats and dogs and when it stops I'll call AAA for my new battery under warranty for the 3rd time in 3 years and see how long this one last...

I'm not complaining trust that... I'm just a little bit tired of American made crapola... that's all.

And mind you, that' s the most I've ever spent on a battery in my life....thinking about the next one already.....no actually I'm thinking about another car...

guess where it's going to be made?

Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 06 22, 10, 08:03:35:AM » Reply

IMO, No, not really, My hubby says "You may have an alternator charging issue or you have a system draw somewhere.

This will need to be diagnosed by a technician with the proper meters to locate the exact draw point."
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #2 on: 06 22, 10, 08:26:25:AM » Reply

Get into your trunk , close the lid and if you still see a light is still on, that is the problem. Now start yelling to have somebody get you out of the trunk because it is locked.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 06 22, 10, 08:50:53:AM » Reply

Gri... that's what I was thinking too...

and Mudd, may have something there... I just installed the trunk light too... took it out before but the light does go out when you shut the door... interesting....

I will have to have it on the diagnostic (sp) machine... to find out what the real problem is... and I hope it's not the AAA battery... but I'm thinking it may be cause they don't sale that many and I'm thinking they may be old....

Hey!... It's Why-Town.... crackhead capital of bike riders... seriously...I want to lol but I can't... not until I get that car rolling again that is...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 06 22, 10, 09:56:23:AM » Reply

Something is definitely draining the battery. Mine lasted 8 years on my truck.
francopinion
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 06 22, 10, 11:14:29:AM » Reply

It might be Aliens sucking power to recharge their spaceship.  Leave em alone, get em outta here.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 06 22, 10, 11:37:22:AM » Reply

Yep luv, there may be another problem that is killing the battery...and the alternator is usually the cause...

You should take your car to a reputable local shop, or your dealer...auto zone may even do free battery checks or be able to put a meter on your alternator to see if there is spark...

We generally change batteries every 4 or 5 years, so there has to be another problem and I am with Gri...

mudslinger

« Reply #7 on: 06 22, 10, 02:53:56:PM » Reply

Alternators charge the batter through the charging Wire, if the Alternator is charging the battery what happens, it goes dead after so many amphours.
mudslinger

« Reply #8 on: 06 22, 10, 03:57:49:PM » Reply

Alternators charge the battery through the charging Wire, if the Alternator isn't charging the battery what happens, it goes dead after so many amphours.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 06 23, 10, 09:32:46:AM » Reply

AAA came back out and checked the battery again... and said it was alright... now if I go out and get stuck in traffic...I'll have to call them again...and will only have 1 more call for the year... and mines started in April... so from now to April... only 2 more calls...

If I call them it had better not be about this battery...

He said put it on my charger... of which I have a small one...and wait 5 hours for it to be charged up... I did and it works fine now...

but there has to be something draining the battery...

I'm looking at another automobile in the spring...2011...

This lincoln... should bring me in a few bucks considering that a lot of folks stop me on the street and want to buy it... V8 engine... good for racing I guess...don't make them like this anymore...I guess... 1989... and still kicking... less then 150,000 miles original... go figure...

They even have a Lincoln club for this make...so... it'll be for sale... not into cars like that anymore... it's time for another... new...oh no!  I like them old....
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #10 on: 06 23, 10, 11:57:42:AM » Reply

Don't wait...call around and find a local shop that can do a diagnostic and replace that alternator...that really sounds like your problem.  If you go through your dealership, tell them you worry about even making to the shop because the car dies in traffic...they may even send a tow for you on the cheap, so you don't have to waste your AAA coverage.  That happened to us when our fuel pump went out...the tow company needed the work and it was far cheaper to pay cash (I think it was $50) than to make a claim...

Your car obviously won't make it till spring...you'd hate to get stuck again...especially since the alternator will drain the battery under use, so if the car was just sitting there, it may well have shown as good...and will undoubtedly charge under a different source.

But yes, something else is draining the battery, you need to have that addressed.

mudslinger

« Reply #11 on: 06 23, 10, 02:21:46:PM » Reply

I liked them old when I was young, now that I am old I like them young.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: So is everything back to normal
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory