Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:22:23:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653458 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Boehner: "The implementation has been horrendous..." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Boehner: "The implementation has been horrendous..."  (Read 892 times)
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« on: 10 25, 13, 12:49:18:PM » Reply

A few weeks into the launch of the most sweeping health care reform law in a generation, John Boehner declared that the implementation was a disaster.

"The implementation," the Republican leader said, "has been horrendous. We've made it far more complicated than it should be."

Boehner, of course, was talking about the rollout of the new Medicare prescription drug benefit -- known as Part D -- enacted in 2003 by President George W. Bush. He discussed the implementation woes during a Feb. 6, 2006 appearance on "Fox News Sunday," on his fifth day as House majority leader.

But did he want to repeal the benefit? No. The future Speaker soberly acknowledged the problems but saw potential in the law and called for improving it. "The good news is that the competition that's being created has lowered premiums significantly below where Congress thought they'd be when we put the bill together, so the competition side is good," he said. "I think the implementation side continues to need to be improved."

It was a rough time for the law's proponents. The soft launch was "anything but smooth," according to the Washington Post, marred by at least two delays along with other, deeper problems. Upon launch, the Bush administration admitted to receiving "tens of thousands of complaints by seniors, pharmacists and others" about implementation failures. Health and Human Services vowed to "fix every problem as quickly as possible."

Boehner was far from alone in pushing to fix the problematic law, rather than repealing or dismantling it. Fortunately for Bush and his party, Democrats were a willing partner in tweaking and improving the law.

Nearly eight years later, Boehner leads a Republican Party that has taken a radically different approach to the troubled rollout of a new, ambitious health care reform law -- this time enacted by a Democratic president. Four weeks into its pre-launch, Obamacare is under the gun for significant problems and glitches, and Republicans took turns excoriating the law during a GOP-led hearing Thursday. But while the Obama administration wants to fix the problems, a united GOP insists that the Affordable Care Act's online enrollment woes suggest the law should be wiped off the books, or at least dismantled piece by piece.

What Democrats are now saying about Obamacare -- fix it, don't nix it -- sounds eerily similar to what many Republicans were saying on the dawning of Medicare Part D.

"This is a huge undertaking and there are going to be glitches," said Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) on Feb. 15, 2006. "My goal is the same as yours: Get rid of the glitches."

"Rather than trying to scare and confuse seniors, I would hope that we can work together as we go through the implementation phase to find out what is wrong with the program and if we can make some changes to fix it, let us do it and let us do it on a bipartisan basis," Barton pleaded during an Energy & Commerce Committee hearing on March 6, 2006. "We owe that to all of the millions of Medicare beneficiaries."

Republican Rep. Nathan Deal, now the governor of Georgia, cautioned critics that "most significant programs" have problems early on, and that's no reason to give up on them.

"Like most significant programs, the new benefit has not gone without a few isolated glitches and unexpected problems," he said at the same hearing. "But I believe that if there is anything wrong with the plan, most of it has been fixed and that that hasn't can be fixed over time."

"Any time something is new, there is going to be some glitches," Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA) said on April 6, 2006. "No matter what one does in life, when it is something new in learning the ropes of it, it is going to take a little adjustment."
lluke47

« Reply #1 on: 10 25, 13, 12:50:53:PM » Reply

No libturds such as yourself ever gave anything BUuh wanted a chance, so go to hell comrade.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 10 25, 13, 12:52:29:PM » Reply

(1) By a two-to-one margin (60/31), Americans say Obamacare’s implementation has been “a joke,” as opposed to it’s “going fine.”  According to a recent CBS News survey, just 12 percent of the public says the launch has gone “well.”

(2) By a similar margin (59/31), Americans say the Obama administration is doing more to deepen the partisan divide in Washington, rather than bridge it.  Hope and change, baby.

(3) Confirming a slew of other polls, it appears that the shutdown showdown actually boosted Obamacare’s overall perception. Slightly.  A majority (51/41) would still prefer to “get rid of” the new law rather than keep it, but that’s down slightly from (53/40) in July.  Independents support trashing the law by a 30-point margin.

Cont @

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?topic=168644.msg1305488#msg1305488
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #3 on: 10 25, 13, 12:56:10:PM » Reply

A few weeks into the launch of the most sweeping health care reform law in a generation, John Boehner declared that the implementation was a disaster.

"The implementation," the Republican leader said, "has been horrendous. We've made it far more complicated than it should be."

Boehner, of course, was talking about the rollout of the new Medicare prescription drug benefit -- known as Part D -- enacted in 2003 by President George W. Bush. He discussed the implementation woes during a Feb. 6, 2006 appearance on "Fox News Sunday," on his fifth day as House majority leader.

But did he want to repeal the enefit? No. The future Speaker soberly acknowledged the problems but saw potential in the law and called for improving it. "The good news is that the competition that's being created has lowered premiums significantly below where Congress thought they'd be when we put the bill together, so the competition side is good," he said. "I think the implementation side continues to need to be improved."

It was a rough time for the law's proponents. The soft launch was "anything but smooth," according to the Washington Post, marred by at least two delays along with other, deeper problems. Upon launch, the Bush administration admitted to receiving "tens of thousands of complaints by seniors, pharmacists and others" about implementation failures. Health and Human Services vowed to "fix every problem as quickly as possible."

Boehner was far from alone in pushing to fix the problematic law, rather than repealing or dismantling it. Fortunately for Bush and his party, Democrats were a willing partner in tweaking and improving the law.

Nearly eight years later, Boehner leads a Republican Party that has taken a radically different approach to the troubled rollout of a new, ambitious health care reform law -- this time enacted by a Democratic president. Four weeks into its pre-launch, Obamacare is under the gun for significant problems and glitches, and Republicans took turns excoriating the law during a GOP-led hearing Thursday. But while the Obama administration wants to fix the problems, a united GOP insists that the Affordable Care Act's online enrollment woes suggest the law should be wiped off the books, or at least dismantled piece by piece.

What Democrats are now saying about Obamacare -- fix it, don't nix it -- sounds eerily similar to what many Republicans were saying on the dawning of Medicare Part D.

"This is a huge undertaking and there are going to be glitches," said Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) on Feb. 15, 2006. "My goal is the same as yours: Get rid of the glitches."

"Rather than trying to scare and confuse seniors, I would hope that we can work together as we go through the implementation phase to find out what is wrong with the program and if we can make some changes to fix it, let us do it and let us do it on a bipartisan basis," Barton pleaded during an Energy & Commerce Committee hearing on March 6, 2006. "We owe that to all of the millions of Medicare beneficiaries."

Republican Rep. Nathan Deal, now the governor of Georgia, cautioned critics that "most significant programs" have problems early on, and that's no reason to give up on them.

"Like most significant programs, the new benefit has not gone without a few isolated glitches and unexpected problems," he said at the same hearing. "But I believe that if there is anything wrong with the plan, most of it has been fixed and that that hasn't can be fixed over time."

"Any time something is new, there is going to be some glitches," Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA) said on April 6, 2006. "No matter what one does in life, when it is something new in learning the ropes of it, it is going to take a little adjustment."
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #4 on: 10 25, 13, 12:57:15:PM » Reply

Well, IT HAS!!!!!!!!!

What FOOL doesn't know this? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

DUH!!!!!
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #5 on: 10 25, 13, 12:59:21:PM » Reply

The Part D roll out problems were a tiny fraction of what we are seeing in BHOcare and the program was about 4-5 times larger.

And peoples costs were going DOWN, not up as in BHOcare.
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #6 on: 10 25, 13, 01:01:16:PM » Reply

Even OBAMA HIMSELF admitted that HealthCare.gov is a stinking mess, and that he wants it fixed.

Yes, MAYBE the website itself can be fixed - MAYBE.  And maybe it would be quicker and cheaper in the long run to take the website down and completely REDESIGN IT, TEST IT and only after it has been THOROUGHLY TESTED, put it back online.

Being an IT person, I know a fair bit about this stuff.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #7 on: 10 25, 13, 01:02:32:PM » Reply

not at all, stupid shit.  do you just hate the truth or what?  obamacare closes the donut hole, something Part D did not deal with, but they did give huge benefits up front to big drug companies and HMOs.   when medicare part d was first opened, it did not even verify that people signing up were entitled to be in the program.  durrrrr...DO YOU PEOPLE EVER READ ANYTHING TRUE OR LISTEN TO ANYTHING TRUE?
DaBoz
Contributor

Obama shit on Blacks, They are Arab toilets.

« Reply #8 on: 10 25, 13, 01:02:53:PM » Reply

Sure makes that CBO estimate totally worthless.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #9 on: 10 25, 13, 01:06:56:PM » Reply

republicans and democrats use the CBO for all their estimates, idiot.  it is non-partisan.  idiot.

But did he want to repeal the enefit? No. The future Speaker soberly acknowledged the problems but saw potential in the law and called for improving it. "The good news is that the competition that's being created has lowered premiums significantly below where Congress thought they'd be when we put the bill together, so the competition side is good," he said. "I think the implementation side continues to need to be improved."

Thomasj_tx

« Reply #10 on: 10 25, 13, 01:11:49:PM » Reply

The Part D roll out problems were a tiny fraction of what we are seeing in BHOcare and the program was about 4-5 times larger.

And peoples costs were going DOWN, not up as in BHOcare.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #11 on: 10 25, 13, 01:14:49:PM » Reply

The implementation is not the problem.  Obamacare is the problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Boehner: "The implementation has been horrendous..."
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory