Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 07:58:30:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663647 Posts in 298896 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: War on Christmas continues! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: War on Christmas continues!  (Read 10324 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 10 22, 13, 12:48:05:PM » Reply

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/16/news/hancock/fox-news-jumps-into-fray-over-removal-of-bar-harbor-christmas-tree-memorial/
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 10 22, 13, 01:27:57:PM » Reply

Bangor is going to regret their move to bash Veterans.
wvit1001

« Reply #2 on: 10 22, 13, 01:32:00:PM » Reply

doesn't seem lilke much of a war -

Bob Garland, a member of the council and a veteran, said he voted against renewing WAA’s lease for the site because he didn’t think it was a good fit for Bar Harbor.
“I’m not against veterans in any way, shape or form,” Garland said. “How could I be? I’m one myself.”
He added that he’s been “astounded” by the nature of comments on the matter that have been directed his way.
“It was a pretty vulnerable type of memorial,” Garland said. “It tended to get blown around a lot. The lights tended to get in a state of disarray.”
After several more minutes of discussion, at which point Council Chairman Ruth Eveland cut Watters off so the board could get on with its other business, Watters finished up with a final comment.
“I think I understand where Bar Harbor stands,” Watters said. “I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/10/16/news/hancock/fox-news-jumps-into-fray-over-removal-of-bar-harbor-christmas-tree-memorial/
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #3 on: 10 22, 13, 01:41:29:PM » Reply

no one can win a war on christmas, so why do youse people give a chit?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 10 22, 13, 01:45:49:PM » Reply

Bob Garland is a minority of the Bar Harbor citizens never mind the country.  Reinstate the memorial.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #5 on: 10 22, 13, 01:49:01:PM » Reply

Maine is LOVELY in the northern part!!!  I can see why Stephen King lives there!!!!

A lot of their economy depends on the sale of Christmas Trees.  It's shameful they would act so narrowmindedly against America's
 Favorite Holiday!!!!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #6 on: 10 22, 13, 01:52:42:PM » Reply

True, it isn't much of a war as those liberal assholes banned the tree!

One of them claimed the tree was "tacky"!
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 10 22, 13, 02:01:34:PM » Reply

Question nitwvit, IF YOU WERE ALLOWED WOULD YOU REMOVE THE MEMORIAL ON YOUR OWN?
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 22, 13, 02:04:05:PM » Reply

Reinstate the Veteran's memorial.
wvit1001

« Reply #9 on: 10 22, 13, 02:15:29:PM » Reply

I like memorials.  Evidently the town doesn't have the time or money to deal with it on a continuing basis.  This was a year round memorial and not just for Christmas.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 10 22, 13, 02:25:36:PM » Reply

Bar Harbor is failing?   The town next to it has taken the memorial up from the liberal politicians and will continue to display it proudly.   Maybe Bar Harbor can figure out where their liberal policies failed their constituents who wanted the memorial?

Wreaths Across America set up a larger lighted tree in Columbia Falls.

In ceremonies Sunday, volunteers took the lights and plaque from the Bar Harbor tree and brought them to Columbia Falls, where a lighting ceremony was held for the new tree.
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #11 on: 10 22, 13, 02:27:14:PM » Reply

Well, wvit1001, if that was indeed the case, the town went about it the wrong way.

I would bet that someone - a private citizen, a local group - someone - would have stepped up to maintain the memorial on a year-round basis if that was truly the ONLY reason it was taken down.

Why didn't the town publicize the problem and ask the citizens what to do about it?

The little town here in southeastern Ohio that I live just outside the city limits of does a holiday lights display every year.  The lights are maintained by VOLUNTEERS.  The entire project was started by VOLUNTEERS.  The city does help with having employees putting the lights up NOW, and some are actually allowed to be displayed in the public parks (Oh, the HORRORS - commemorating the holiday of CHRISTMAS on public land!   NOT!).

I guarantee you that if SOME IDIOT raised a ruckus about the light display here, that he or she would regret it.  The entire AREA would likely shout him or her down - and if the fool was stupid enough to sue, I guarantee that any lights on public land would have PRIVATE land offered as new places to display them.

The Constitution NEVER said that religion has no place in public life.  It does NOT ban the displays of holiday lights, or veterans' memorials -  or crosses in veterans' cemeteries or on public land.  The ONLY restriction placed by the Constitution as regards religion is that the GOVERNMENT CANNOT ESTABLISH A STATE CHURCH.  That's ALL.
Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: War on Christmas continues!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory