Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 08:52:07:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660980 Posts in 298645 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I still dream of Alamaba 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: I still dream of Alamaba  (Read 1450 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 06 15, 10, 08:57:47:AM » Reply

I don't care what anyone says or thinks... but it's my dream....

I keep wondering if I won the lottery, and I'm hoping... don't play much but when I do, I think of relocating to Alamaba...

I do go online and check out the properties there a lot just in case I win, I'd call a real estate agent and go for it...

I saw a spread of land there that's been for sale a long time... and I just imagine living there on that property....it has everything I would want in a home...it has land... and it's far from the closest neighbor, and the stores are really close enough to travel for whatever... lots more shopping areas than why-town.......

I love Alamaba because it has to offer everything one could wish for on earth... the forestry is over the top... I bike riding, oh! something I love but gave up here because I don't want to be picked as a crackhead....seriously...

They have museums and areas for fishing and Alamaba is just me....

My mother lived there when she was young... I guess it's in the blood... huh?

Although she was born and raised in another place... and later moved to Chicago...

Funny how we all wonder around trying to find the right space... something to think about...

Do we live where we were raised?  Most folks don't... but it's something to see when someone has lived in the same space all their lives and never moved... takes on it's own personality... I think....

Some folks in Alamaba have pools in their spaces... because of the heat I'm sure...it gets pretty hot down there...but surely you get used to it... and the gardening... oh my!

The drawbacks would be the tornados and other natural distasters(sp)....

One thing for sure, I can always visit the place I dream about..whenever I want to... because that's what makes America special...If I went to visit Alamaba I may not come back here ever... tempting huh?

Please don't say go for it... I'd have to win the lottery first....

Oh!  Good Morning! 

Special note for Mud... I heard your comments on the other thread and if it's any comfort to you, and I don't know....we ramble on and on on these boards and forget the common things what we are taught... and if you've notice it... no one speaks anymore... so I post  the Oh!  Good Morning!   as a reminder to be nice, thoughtful and civil to everyone ....and sometimes just to say it changes ones prospective, don't you think?

Holla...!

nannat6

« Reply #1 on: 06 15, 10, 09:58:31:AM » Reply

What part of Alabama was your mom raised?  I lived in several different towns there for 18 1/2 years after we married.......I also love that state, it is beautiful.......We lived in Fairfield, Hueytown (home of the Allisons race car drivers and Neil Bonnet), Sylacuaga..........we love the area around Birmingham for it's beautiful hills and mountains..........beautiful countryside...........
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 06 15, 10, 11:07:16:AM » Reply

I've been as far east as Arkansas...the Eureka Springs area is absolutely gorgeous, tiny town hidden away in the Ozarks...

Your dream can be your reality if you really want that luv...maybe, just for spits and giggles, you could see what home prices are going for, see what your home could bring on the market and do a little friendly investigating...

You do realize that YOU have planted your own seed, the question is, do you water it and watch it grow, or ?....
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #3 on: 06 15, 10, 11:47:25:AM » Reply

If you want to go to Alabama go now, tommorrow you may be dead. too many people never do what they want to do and then
 wonder where all the years went and they never quite got around to doing what they wanted to do.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 06 15, 10, 12:44:47:PM » Reply

Go for it luvtimes! I lived in MO, CA, PA and VA. I like where I am now the best.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #5 on: 06 15, 10, 02:21:03:PM » Reply

You should the other three states you lived in were not much to brag about.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 06 15, 10, 03:08:16:PM » Reply

I hated the first two and the third was close to Jersey, not so bad.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #7 on: 06 15, 10, 03:13:59:PM » Reply

I've lived in Montana, Texas, Colorado and Washington...Texas was the only state I really disliked...though driving out to Galveston or South Padre Island were bright spots...
nannat6

« Reply #8 on: 06 15, 10, 03:29:35:PM » Reply

I have lived in Miss, Alabama, Georgia, and SC now........hated Miss and still find it depressing.............loved the other 3 states and have lived in 7 towns/cities and only hated one of those.........We have found each place we have lived as an adventure waiting to be explored and have done a lot of that at each place we have lived............can't wait to explore our new home...........
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 06 15, 10, 05:16:21:PM » Reply

born CA, left when 32 for Colorado, then NV and now in AL.  I love Alabama and we have all we want.  Live on the River so can jump on boat and go.  Beach is 5 miles down the road.  Sweet Home Alabama!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 06 15, 10, 06:02:51:PM » Reply

There's no place like home......clicking heels.
n1te-stalker
Honored Member

never look back you're past may be catching up

« Reply #11 on: 06 15, 10, 08:05:37:PM » Reply

My company offered me a job in Huntsville Ala. home of the Univ. of Alabama, I went down there to see what it was like, nice clean town lots to do and very nice countryside, but it wasn't for me so I stayed in Pa. which I think is gorgeous if you get outside of Philly. and anyway I would miss the cheese steaks and pretzels scrapple tastykake and the shore
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I still dream of Alamaba
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory