Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:28:19:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: He crossed over the Rainbow Bridge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: He crossed over the Rainbow Bridge  (Read 1429 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 06 14, 10, 02:28:11:PM » Reply

Our beautiful dog, Edgar, died on Saturday morning.  He had been going downhill rapidly and we had to rush him in to the vet first thing.  He seemed to rebound in January after the surgery but only for a little while.  We looked at the sonogram on Saturday and the vet pointed out all the tumors on the liver that had metastasized and one again had ruptured.  A week ago we went in for a blood panel because he didn't seem right but a sonogram was never suggested at the time.  These last days he didn't want to walk or eat very much and he just wanted his bed.  He was 11 and one month and he died on the same day as my Dad a few years ago.  It has broken my heart and I am like a zombie drifting around the house and putting everything away - making a big box for the animal shelter and on Thursday we are both getting out of here.  I had been flying out on Friday anyway to our daughter for some girl time and I cancelled the flight and my husband and I are driving to each of the kids to spend some time - Nevada and California.  I'll take my laptop along and try and pull myself together.

I never knew I could miss anything so much or have such an emptiness inside.  He went everywhere with us and my husband is devastated as they had such a special bond.

Edgar crossed over the rainbow bridge and is suffering no more.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 06 14, 10, 02:34:17:PM » Reply

I'm so sorry to be reading about the loss of your dog. I can imagine how sad you must be today.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #2 on: 06 14, 10, 02:55:42:PM » Reply

Take a tip from me, get another dog and move on.
nannat6

« Reply #3 on: 06 14, 10, 02:58:10:PM » Reply

I know exactly how you feel, Emily, since losing our precious First Yorkie, Kelsey, 2 yrs ago.....she was 13.........they become your family, your babies, etc and losing them is losing a loved family member......my grief was eased when my neighbor gave me a precious new Yorkie baby 5 mos after losing Kelsey........she did not take her place but did help the grief process a lot..........God bless you all and at least his suffering has ended......
nannat6

« Reply #4 on: 06 14, 10, 03:01:00:PM » Reply

Mudslinger, just getting another dog in no way makes you "get on with your life" no more than getting another child, mother, father, spouse, etc will help you get on with your life after they die........some people actually see our little fuzzy critters as a part of our hearts just as we hold humans in our hearts........I might have Angel, but I still miss my Kelsey so much........one can not take the place of another...........
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 06 14, 10, 03:21:01:PM » Reply

I am so sorry emily, we know through your posts, how much time and love you gave to helping Edgar through all his health problems.  His pictures are so precious...and time heals all wounds...you have a big, animal lovin' heart and just like we did, you find another friend in need someday...but take your time and find comfort in the memories of this beautiful boy...

Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 06 14, 10, 03:24:22:PM » Reply

So sorry Emily.  They are part of lives and a family member, so it so hard to loose them.
mudslinger

« Reply #7 on: 06 14, 10, 04:03:35:PM » Reply

You can't get another child, Mother, Father but you can get another dog.
nannat6

« Reply #8 on: 06 14, 10, 04:45:12:PM » Reply

You are out of the loop, mud, you can also get another mother, father, and child.........people do it every day.......ever heard of in laws, steps, and having other children in many different ways?  Your ignorance is showing as well as your lack of sensitivity........Remember........it is better to keep your mouth closed and keep people guessing than open it and reveal how stupid you really are.....
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #9 on: 06 14, 10, 05:30:36:PM » Reply

Thank you all for your kind words.  He was my big gentle baby and we had so many pets when we had kids but I never remember feeling such a sense of loss, as I do right now.  It took me back to my childhood when I had an Airedale that I loved so deeply and we were both 14 when he passed away.  I felt sure that Edgar would make it to at least that age, but it was not to be.

I have to get over this before we get another dog, but we both love animals and I do plan to rescue another pet looking for a home, some time down the road.  Not just right now.   Getting away will be the best thing we can do at the moment.  Thanks again everyone.
mudslinger

« Reply #10 on: 06 15, 10, 07:29:18:AM » Reply

I am talking about a real mother , father , child not a pseudo mother, father ,child, you are the one who is showing their ignorance. No human considers their step mother , father and child genuine, no matter what they say.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: He crossed over the Rainbow Bridge
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory