Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 06:47:26:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660839 Posts in 298628 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Takn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Takn  (Read 1497 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 07 31, 13, 02:36:10:PM » Reply

Yesterday and today I concentrated on good thoughts, good vibes and little prayers to send in your direction.  Hope they worked well. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 07 31, 13, 03:22:10:PM » Reply

Ditto.......

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 07 31, 13, 03:34:46:PM » Reply

Thank you so much ladies.  Doc says the surgery went well, no additional surprises.  Quite sore, but realistically, no worse than the majority of my periods.  Healing will hopefully be quick, but he banned me from driving for at least a week and I can only walk for exercise, no other training.  Not a fan of that either.  He still said he wished I'd take more than 4 weeks off from work, but we just can't afford that.  My husband is already bugging me to stop talking to people and take a nap...LOL
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 07 31, 13, 04:50:47:PM » Reply

It's actually a miracle how quickly you can recover from this kind of surgery nowadays.  Same as having a baby - used to take 2 weeks in the hospital (at least in the UK it did, unless you were like me and had a baby at home with a midwife).   You can play on the computer, watch TV and take naps and not overdo!   Make the most of it and enjoy some leisure time.  Glad it's all over for you now.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 07 31, 13, 06:32:29:PM » Reply

LOL, Emily...I could become quite a pain in the arse here with so much time on my hands...
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 07 31, 13, 07:01:38:PM » Reply

That's fine, girl!
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 07 31, 13, 11:42:17:PM » Reply

Thanks duke.  Hopefully a good night's sleep will set me right. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 08 01, 13, 06:28:10:AM » Reply

Taken...I got breakfast in bed the first day home from the hospital...after that I was doing it all....a week later I was doing the push mower.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 08 01, 13, 04:55:46:PM » Reply

takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 08 01, 13, 08:38:08:PM » Reply

LOL sunshine.  I have trouble sitting still.  I had to sleep in the recliner because laying flat in bed was too uncomfortable and nothing my hubby did to prop me up w/ pillows helped.  I made my own oatmeal this morning and my hubby has been walking around the block w/ me because he's worried I'm doing too much.  He decided to take time off from work, against my protestations, because the doctor banned me from driving (the dog) and he babies me...I guess I should be flattered, but it also means I can't get away w/ anything, LOL.  He is like a prison warden.

I guess his memories of my emergency appendectomy still haunt him and he just worries too much. 
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 08 01, 13, 11:47:48:PM » Reply

You've got to be good!   Not impatient.  It won't be long before you are running around crazy!  Enjoy this time by catching up on some reading.  I just read "Gone Girl".  It's quite a different book................sick.............but I couldn't put it down.

Do hope you can sleep comfortably in your own bed soon.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 08 02, 13, 11:35:49:AM » Reply

I am already impatient...sitting around, I can see dust and dirty wood floors...LOL and the doctor banned me from doing damn near anything.  I had to get outside yesterday (my husband has been walking me around the block, but that's just not enough...) and so I got out a pair of snips and started dead-heading plants...and got yelled at...so I told him, you cut and I'll carry the little bucket and he said no...so I said, okay, I'll walk around and tell you what I want done and you do it and I'll stand here looking like a putz...and then he got really mad and said, go take a nap...LOL

It's finally raining today, which doesn't make me happy at all, since that means bundling up to take a walk.  But my husband went back to work this morning (I insisted) and my son and I are going to make salmon chowder from the leftovers from dinner last night. It was so cute having the two of them puttering around the kitchen trying to make a full meal, neither of them really knowing what to do...so I became instructor and walked them through grilled salmon...since I can't drive, I will send Thing 2 to the store to get some extra ingredients and told him we'll make chowder and try a recipe for 7up biscuits...my friend said they are fabulous.

4 cups Bisquik
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7 up
1/2 cup melted butter

Pre heat oven to 425

Mix all ingredients except butter
Dough will be very soft.  Pour onto Bisquik covered board or counter.  Knead and fold dough until completely coated w/ baking mix.  Pat into a round and cut bisquiks using a 2-3 inch cutter.  Coat 9 x 13 baking dish w/ most of melted butter, place biscuits on top and brush w/ remaining butter.  Bake 12-15 min or until golden brown.

Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Takn
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About