Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 04:26:36:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661863 Posts in 298730 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Got another free plant via squirrels 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Got another free plant via squirrels  (Read 111 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 07 12, 13, 07:47:44:AM » Reply

I never plant glads or tulips. We have a busy squirrel who keeps planting free bulbs in my yard. First the red tulip and now the pink gladiolus. I don't plant either of these because the deer will mow them down. The deer must be on vacation because they missed this lovely bloom.

luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 07 12, 13, 09:20:05:AM » Reply

You think squirrels... I think the rabbits have gotten my tulips bulbs and glads are still trying to grow... not close to bloom but showing... it maybe late autumn when they arrive... no more of them...

daylilies are on my list...where I can get them on sale....

the rain here have produced more weeds then you can name... and they are everywhere...roses?..... I say cross your fingers for another month... the short blooms and the long rains... I say it's a wash...

I see few roses here this year just stems... what about your neck of the woods...seriously I must know...and wait for your report on the roses... and I'm in a panic...so hurry....

Pics will follow..all I speak about... my newest telephone camera takes the best ever... just have to learn to post them to Picaso...I can do it... at least I have a gallery on the phone...

Anyway........

Good Morning!
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 07 12, 13, 12:28:08:PM » Reply

Don't you just love those volunteer squirrels!  At least they bring you presents, but did you know that gladioli are the deers favorite dessert.  I laboriously planted a whole garden at the coast and as soon as they bloomed it was 'off with their heads' - I never had one flower for longer than half a day!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 07 12, 13, 12:43:23:PM » Reply

Yes, volunteers are pretty cool sometimes...unless it's something like invasive Sumak...cripes you can dig that stuff out forever and it keeps coming back.  But I did find a tiny lupine somehow migrated into a planter in the back yard, so I dug it out and put it in its own pot.  I will transplant it next Spring.

I am off to Lowe's to check the "please buy me I'm dying" shelves...gotta get ready for the weekend as I want to get more planting done in the new garden and with a car show coming up, I'm still searching for a cheap canopy to sit under (it will either be hot as hell or raining so we want preparation either way for sitting outside for 8 hours) and Lowe's supposedly has some, or I will order another one like one we had for nearly a decade, that we loved...

Catch ya'll later.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Got another free plant via squirrels
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory