Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 05:18:51:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: My latest project 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: My latest project  (Read 1691 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 06 23, 13, 08:48:58:AM » Reply

When ever we get heavy rains, water  comes flying down the hill and mulch and mud run over my path so I am "fixing" it. I hope. I have the pipe laid and was covered with weed paper to keep mud from seeping in the holes. Now I need a boat load of gravel and some mulch and some Gatorade and 5 hour, make that 10 hour energy drinks!!!!

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 06 23, 13, 08:59:09:AM » Reply

BTW...That ditch is just short of  100 feet!!!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 06 23, 13, 09:00:03:AM » Reply

I don't get it...

at the end of the path where will the water fun too?
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 06 23, 13, 09:01:28:AM » Reply

seems that the end will be a big puddle or do the pipe have holes for side run off... still don't get it...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 06 23, 13, 10:26:03:AM » Reply

Clean water will run around one way and onto my path and down another 20 feet to a covert that goes under the street. Right now mud and mulch run over the whole path ruining it.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 06 23, 13, 11:36:26:AM » Reply

I need you to come up here and motivate my husband...he learned procrastination from his father and he's an expert at it...LOL

I have tons of projects planned and started but rarely finished and I don't have the strength to do it all myself...I tear any more muscles in my shoulder and I might lose my job...so I try to chide him ever so gently, but he gets perturbed rather easily...typical southern hothead...LOL

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 06 23, 13, 03:31:21:PM » Reply

Taken...this project  killed me to do. I was never so tired in my life...but I took a 3 hour rest, not sleep, but doing nothing and had to go out and cut the grass for 2 hours. I will take a week off and then get back to it.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 06 23, 13, 04:56:41:PM » Reply

I don't know how you do it sunshine.  Don't you have a torn rotator cuff?  That is hard labor!   I have been going to therapy for my shoulder and doing my exercises religiously, even when I was away and I think I am almost back to normal.  If anyone wants to know good exercises to build up the shoulder muscles, I have them!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 06 23, 13, 05:30:15:PM » Reply

I hear ya'll...

Sunshine didn't you say it was 90 or something there... heat stroke comes to mine... stop it...unless you have digging equipment that can wait on a cooler day or night...I tell you... pulling weeds and dead heading roses was a real chore in the early morning hours... right now I'm hanging laundry and in a minute all will be dry...it's that hot here...

just one more blanket to hang and done for the rest of the week... will run to the store and get dog food... I can't believe that I have to buy more today... it seems they are just eating too much...maybe I'll cut those meals into halves or something...

You know I hate my brittle nails... they break all the time...

oh the idiot next door made a parking lot out of the lot... ghetto for sure...of course on her side... my side is still tall grass and to think she had a party yesterday in all that crap... I tell you... pics will follow...for sure...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 06 23, 13, 06:23:43:PM » Reply

The work was 90% in the shade and it wasn't so humid at the time. This week will be in the upper 90 range I will not be out there. Hauling gravel won't be  easy in the heat so all my work will have to be at 6 am.   My shoulder pain is gone but my pinched nerve in my neck hurts as does my right hand. I will rest before  going on.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 06 24, 13, 11:06:36:AM » Reply

Luv...look over to the edge of the path and you can see the pipe  facing the gravel path. Once the water runs down the drain from the house, some will spill out on the gravel and then flow down the path and empty out in this garden....garden gets more water along the way. It will be clean water so it won't harm the path anymore...if the plan goes as I hope it will.

pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #11 on: 06 24, 13, 01:59:51:PM » Reply

Sun, that is so pretty. I hit ctrl + to blow the picture up so I can see on the screen what you are describing.

I always like to enlarge your pics : D to see the details. So I right click on photo, save as.
Then go to my saved pictures and open in paint then discover your digital pics are actually always around
1024! x 624 or something...........so I size down to about 750........in order for them to post larger here lol.
Seems confusing when I type it but that's how it works on my end.

Then to post it I go to the icon just above where you type in this message that is to the right of the smilie
that looks like a downward pointed paperclip with an arrow going up icon.... and post from there.

Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: My latest project
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory