Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 11:17:50:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663443 Posts in 298879 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Steps to better health... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Steps to better health...  (Read 141 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 05 28, 13, 02:05:55:PM » Reply

Just received my newest pedometer from the company...every year they sponsor a 6-8 week better health initiative by adding steps to our health plan.  This year's prize is a $100 Amazon gift card...I sign up every year because it's not anything out of the ordinary for me, and it only takes a couple minutes a day to record my steps...

I also just contacted the doctor about scheduling my colonoscopy...not looking forward to that, and it will mean taking time off from work...I'll do it on a Monday so I can do the cleanse on Sunday and only have to miss one day.

I also contacted the other doctor about scheduling my hysterectomy.  I really want to hold off till Christmas vacation, since we don't usually do anything anyway and that way I won't have to take too long a LOA...I hate missing work cuz no one else does my job and things end up piling up, even when I try to be proactive and get someone to step up.  But, I am also not enjoying the effects of the medication I was put on to help w/ the heavy bleeding and I'm not sure my emotional state can hold out till December...we'll see what he has to say about the questions I asked today.

I want to purge the house of everything and start over w/ just healthy foods because my husband still hasn't lost the weight he was supposed to to keep off the diabetes medications...but I found out that when I don't buy the "goodies", he just goes to the machines at work and buys them anyway!  How frustrating...I wish I could slip something into his food that would make him not crave so much and he could eat smaller portions.  The only time he does portioning is when we're out (but he usually orders the biggest thing on the menu), or I portion control homemade meals, but then he gets into other stuff just after he finishes his meals...ugh! 

Very frustrating to say the least...but hopefully, I can lead by example and get these last 10 lbs off and then I will look and feel even better...

takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 05 29, 13, 11:59:11:AM » Reply

Just got off the phone w/ the doctor.  He wants me to stop taking the medication immediately and work on scheduling surgery...ugh...no waiting till Christmas vacation.  He had hoped the meds (of which I am on the minimal dose) would help and they did to a degree, but the side effects are very concerning for him...so we're moving forward w/ the laproscopic, probably at the end of July.  As soon as the hubby and I discuss it all.  I will have to take August off, likely come back just after Labor day...

I also just scheduled my first colonscopy...ugh...

This is one of those "oh boy" moments in life...LOL
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 05 29, 13, 12:16:39:PM » Reply

Oh boy is right...I had  one and don't plan to have another.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 05 29, 13, 12:20:55:PM » Reply

Just think how you are going to feel when you are free from all the health issue... it will be like a new birth...and trust me after surgery you will lose lots of weight...more than 10 bls... and that will inspire you to continue...losing whether you want to or not...

Oh and I'm glad you are doing this sooner than later...
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 05 29, 13, 01:53:40:PM » Reply

Well, I did the deed...surgery scheduled for the end of July.  Have to go to work today and contact my disability manager to set up an LOA.  I also scheduled my colonscopy which will be in September and made an appointment for my hubby to see his doc next week and do more bloodwork...by hook or by crook I intend to get that man to think about his own health in a more positive fashion...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #5 on: 05 29, 13, 05:28:28:PM » Reply

I know a  couple of people who have had the laproscopic full hysterectomy all done by a robot and they did really well.  In fact, one went back to work just after a couple of weeks.   My sister-in-law had it done at 50 and says she feels like a new woman.  It is not like it used to be.

Men aren't so good about health matters even when they are their own worst enemy.  I have been trying so hard to make the healthiest food for my husband and he blew up in a tantrum a few days ago and demanded steak and chips "for once in my life" and then said he was going on a broccoli strike.  I have a bunch of nice fresh broccoli sitting in the refrigerator and I don't dare serve it...........at least not this week!
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 05 29, 13, 08:25:09:PM » Reply

With all this crummy weather, I bet he wouldn't turn down a hearty cream of broccoli and cheese soup...you could make him some garlic bread to dip in it.  Broccoli doesn't last in my house.  The minute it's washed and cut up, the bowls come out and the boys are dipping it in ranch dressing to snack on.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Steps to better health...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory