Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:31:41:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Republicans dazed and confused as President Obama continues drone war 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Republicans dazed and confused as President Obama continues drone war  (Read 13027 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #60 on: 05 29, 13, 04:39:42:PM » Reply

Yes, this is a war!

A proxy war on behalf of Iran, Syria, the Palestinian territories,  Iraq that was, Afghanistan that was, North Korea, China, etc.!

In protecting terrorists you legitimize terrorism!
wvit1001

« Reply #61 on: 05 29, 13, 04:39:53:PM » Reply

September 22nd, 2011

Under the Constitution, the Constitution prevails over international law. The Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF), signed into law ten years ago this week, prescribed no time limitation or geographical limitation. It was, potentially, a world war of unlimited duration.

On September 18, 2001, Congress enacted into law, and President George W. Bush signed, what is arguably the broadest declaration of war in our nation’s history. “Whereas on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States,” begins the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF),

The President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations, or persons.
wvit1001

« Reply #62 on: 05 29, 13, 04:41:41:PM » Reply

Congress’s power to declare war does not require the use of magic words. Congress need not say “declare” and it need not say “war,” and there may be practical and diplomatic reasons to couch a war declaration in terms more congenial to the regime of “international law,” which favors the language of individual and collective self-defense over the old-fashioned, indecorous language of war. But war it is. More to the point, constitutionally, the 9-18-01 Authorization for Use of Military Force is an exercise of Congress’s legislative power “to declare war.”
darkflower

« Reply #63 on: 05 29, 13, 04:41:41:PM » Reply

No, terrorism is a crime. It is no different than any other crime. Victims of terrorism are not any more dead or hurt than victims of other violent crimes.

The "war" view is bs propaganda from a government using it for unlimited power.

There is no war.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #64 on: 05 29, 13, 04:42:23:PM » Reply

The war on terror will never be won until the nations who provide support to the terrorists cease that support!

Failing to remove those pillars of support will ensure a war on terror everlasting!
wvit1001

« Reply #65 on: 05 29, 13, 04:42:40:PM » Reply

The President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations, or persons.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #66 on: 05 29, 13, 04:43:02:PM » Reply

no, iraq was not involved with al qaeda or 9/11 and not a legitimate target, idiot.  it would be a stretch to say afghanistan...the real root of al qaeda is saudi arabia, if you had a clue about reality.  iraq was the least terrorist involved country of ALL THE MUSLIM COUNTRIES, BY FAR....why are you so factually challenged, to say the least?  and who the fuck is stupid enough to invade and occupy a whole damn country even if there are 15,000 al qaeda guys living in remote areas inside that country?  how does that make sense to anybody, even right wingers?
darkflower

« Reply #67 on: 05 29, 13, 04:46:01:PM » Reply

Wars are between nations. Not between a nation and a criminal organization, or a nation and a type of crime. That would not be a real war and does not justify what happens in real war.

The aumf was itself rubbish.

There is no war. You can not wage war on terrorism so stop trying to use war to justify what is clearly unjustifiable.

Terrorism is a crime. You "fight" it with cops and lawyers, not with armies and drones.
D2D

« Reply #68 on: 05 29, 13, 04:46:55:PM » Reply

no, iraq was not involved with al qaeda or 9/11 and not a legitimate target, idiot.  it would be a stretch to say afghanistan...the real root of al qaeda is saudi arabia, if you had a clue about reality.  iraq was the least terrorist involved country of ALL THE MUSLIM COUNTRIES, BY FAR....why are you so factually challenged, to say the least?  and who the fuck is stupid enough to invade and occupy a whole damn country even if there are 15,000 al qaeda guys living in remote areas inside that country?  how does that make sense to anybody, even right wingers?
Bin Ladin sure fooled you!
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #69 on: 05 29, 13, 04:48:27:PM » Reply

fuck you.  they mean to kill us, with chickenshit terrorist attacks, bitch.  and, more muslims than americans!!  killing them first is a win/win, when we can clearly identify them, have a good positive case against them and cannot stop them by ANY OTHER METHODS THAT WOULD NOT PUT OUR SOLDIERS AT UNDUE RISK TO KILL THESE ASSHOLES, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE.  move over there and bitch about these assholes being killed, bitch. i am tired of your traitor fucking bullshit, asshole. 
darkflower

« Reply #70 on: 05 29, 13, 04:48:30:PM » Reply

"Under the Constitution, the Constitution prevails over international law."

The nazis should have tried that at their war crime tribunal and see how far it got them. Not far at all.
D2D

« Reply #71 on: 05 29, 13, 04:48:48:PM » Reply

So according to Darkflower if the USA sponsored one or more terrorist groups and encouraged them to attack Muslim nations that would be OK?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 25 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Republicans dazed and confused as President Obama continues drone war
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory