Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:45:33:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Need crafting ideas... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Need crafting ideas...  (Read 1039 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 06 03, 10, 02:32:52:AM » Reply

Okay, this is a loo loo...

My son is portraying Robespierre for a final project in his global studies class...thing is, he wants to portray him AFTER he has been decapitated...

So, I want to make him a choker necklace that looks like a clean cut with some blood drops dripping from it.  I was thinking about using hot glue over a string, but I can't figure out how to make red hot glue...so that's kind of out...but has anyone ever used those dimensional fabric paints...?  Maybe I can squirt that along a string and it will dry with some flexibility??   

I am open to all reasonable ideas...and I have about 2 days to get it done...tomorrow and Sunday night...I am going to be out of town the rest of the time...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 06 03, 10, 05:30:11:AM » Reply

http://www.halloween-website.com/fake_blood.htm  Try this website
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 06 03, 10, 10:43:27:AM » Reply

We thought about doing the fake blood...but he has to be able to attend classes, then get dressed for the presentation...I doubt he could apply anything like that on his own...and we had to rent a costume, I don't want any damage to it...so that's why I thought if I can make a choker, it's easily put on and removed...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 06 03, 10, 01:03:52:PM » Reply

Takn - Robespierre had an unusual death because he was guillotined face-up with a broken jaw instead of putting his head face down on the chopping block.  Ugh!   Maybe it would be more dramatic (if he wanted to end up headless) for your son to wear some cloak with a drawstring that he could whip up over his head at the final end of his speech!   Glad it's your problem today and not mine, ha ha.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 06 03, 10, 03:27:52:PM » Reply

LOL, yes emily, he actually wanted to do the gory depiction of the jaw wound...but I haven't had time to go to the costume supply for the glue on gore...LOL

Well, I made the choker out of hot glue...used the low setting and found some acrylic paint that I hope will cover it all...we'll see.  I hate the fact that I have to work today, get up at 5 am tomorrow and get on the road, then spend one actual day back home, then get back on the road to come home...it's too tiring...

I wish airline tickets were cheap again...**sigh**

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #5 on: 06 03, 10, 07:23:43:PM » Reply

I spent 2 hours online last night takn getting myself an airline ticket only to be told that I had lost my miles because I had been inactive for 2 years and yet there had been no notification of this, but that I could be reinstated for a $75.00 fee!!!!  I lost out on a cheaper fare because I took so long it had gone when I got back to it.  I am not going until June 18th but I'm glad that I have the ticket now before it goes up any higher.

Have a good and safe trip.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Need crafting ideas...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory