Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:14:21:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653362 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The elephant weed is winning or has it... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: The elephant weed is winning or has it...  (Read 836 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 06 02, 10, 12:13:58:PM » Reply

it won... I can't believe I will have to replant everything in that flower bed again because of it... I went out this morning and bam... there it is... they are small today and tomorrow for some reason...over night they grow into this over the top leave that smothers everything in its path... so this fall I will turn the soil over round up the whole area and replant everthing else where... I just can't believe it... the roses are putting up a fierce fight and maintain to survive... the hostas are over the top also... have to divide them and one of the reasons for the extra red bricks... I tell you, I'm not having a good time this spring/summer in the garden... don't feel sorry for me... it is what it is...and part of gardening is to plant and replant and make the area inviting... but this weed has got to go....I dare taking pics cause you all would think I was a moron....

Got all my grocery shopping done... and that's a relief...we will have a short month in June and July will be a long one... that extra day is something...I say that because I get paid on the 1st of the month and by the end of the month... I feel like I'm on welfare....lol Trying to scrounge around putting the leftovers together...at the end of the month I usually barbeque cause that's all that's left in the fridge is meat...and I'm not a real meat eater....give me a couple of peanut and butter sandwiches and I'm good to go...lol

But during the month, fish is the main course mostly... from tuna to salmon or whatever I can grab up at the store....chicken is the second main course and you know you can do wonders with chicken... fried, boiled, baked...whatever....side dishes and somethings the main course are potatoes... and another side is rice... for some reason, rice has been so good to me lately... I can just eat it plain...can't figure that cause I usually didn't care for it in my younger days... and mixed with beans... well... hello....  thank goodness for the croak pot... should have a national holiday for the inventor...lol

Now I know I should be chatting about Obama/bush/and some political issue on these boards but I just can't take my mind there everyday...not that I don't care, I just don't want to think about the maddness in the world...not when I can focus on other things... get it???

life is short and we can't waste it on too many things we can't control... but now back to those darn elephant weed... I'm going to control that if it's the last thing I do...

Oh!  Good Afternoon!

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 06 02, 10, 01:58:36:PM » Reply

Spray the offending plants with round-up and you must also put weed preventer down a few years. Other wise, the seeds will keep on germinating. My gardens are 99% weed free.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 06 02, 10, 04:18:06:PM » Reply

It's the oxalis that's winning the battle in my flower beds and every time I pull it up it comes back triple! 

It seems to have long skinny roots that run under the ground forever!

Oh and btw luv here's a really good link to a website that might help you with ideas for meals as you have a crock pot.  If you scroll down you will find tons of crockpot recipes.

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

Actually it looked as if this started as a club of friends and they used the name "crock-pot" and the inventors of the crock-pot got very nasty with them for taking their name and putting it up on the internet, so the club fizzled out for a bit.  They should have called it the 'slow cooker club'.  I'd be lost without my crockpot!
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #3 on: 10 23, 11, 10:55:09:AM » Reply

I have a problem with hashish invaded my tomato plants, I may be forced to smoke it.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The elephant weed is winning or has it...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory