Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 11:53:00:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663770 Posts in 298907 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Reid to Press: ‘You Guys Have an Obligation to Report’ that Democrats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Reid to Press: ‘You Guys Have an Obligation to Report’ that Democrats  (Read 50 times)
wise1ray

« on: 03 01, 13, 10:51:22:AM » Reply

Reid to Press: ‘You Guys Have an Obligation to Report’ that Democrats Are Right

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Thursday that the news media have an “obligation” to report that the Republicans are “unwilling to do what the American people want done” on looming automatic, across-the-board budget cuts.

During a news conference on Capitol Hill held on the eve of implementation of the cuts, known on Capitol Hill as “The Sequester,” a reporter asked Reid: “Can you understand the frustration of the American people that you’re blaming the Republicans, the Republicans are blaming you and nobody is talking until the day that these cuts kick in?”

Reid replied: “You know I read an editorial today, and I don’t know whether it was the Times or the Post, where the op-ed writer said, ‘You know, let’s call it the way it is. The Republicans aren’t willing to deal with the Democrats.

“So all this stuff -- Democrats aren’t doing anything, Republicans aren’t doing anything --I believe that you guys have an obligation to report it the way it is,” he said.

“This isn’t something that happened yesterday, we’ve been fighting this for a couple years,” Reid added. “They’re unwilling to do what the American people want done. And it’s as simple as that.”

Prior to his comments, Reid proposed dealing with sequestration in a “balanced” way by closing tax loop holes on the wealthy and asking “millionaires to pay a little bit more.”

“I really believe the American people deserve better than what the Republicans in this building believe is the right thing,” he said.

Sequestration -- which includes cuts to both defense and non-defense spending -- is set to go into effect on Friday, after lawmakers failed to reach an agreement on a minimum of $1.2 trillion in spending reductions from the Budget Control Act of 2011.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sen-reid-press-you-guys-have-obligation-report-democrats-are-right
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #1 on: 03 01, 13, 10:57:07:AM » Reply

If increasing rising federal debt is right, we should all be more prosperous than we ever dreamed.  Sorry, the results speak for themselves.
lluke47

« Reply #2 on: 03 01, 13, 10:59:16:AM » Reply

hairy reed is a senile old fool and commie lover
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #3 on: 03 01, 13, 11:05:45:AM » Reply

Senate Prez Reid - his CONSTITUENTS re-elected him. And the dems in the Senate met and selected him once again as their leader - of the dem majority held Senate. 

Until he is sent packing - we all are subject to his lies. And deflections. His arrogance and hypocrisys - time and time again. Read his words very carefully people. He "believes" something or another about the other side... and that's it. Not his own actions. Not his own voting record. Not his own decision yesterday to adjourn and solutionlessly go home for the week-end.

Harry Reid - how in the HELL does he keep on getting re-elected? What in the hell of any relevance to us little folk - was he saying? Oh yeah - scr*w all of you all across this nation. That's Harry Reid - to a tee. And blame someone else - always.

Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 03 01, 13, 12:18:37:PM » Reply

Yep.  The media has an obligation to report that I want massive cuts in the government.  What's the matter, Harry?  Isn't that what you wanted?
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #5 on: 03 01, 13, 12:31:44:PM » Reply

Harry Reid - what is that again - Why is the press is giving him PRESS TIME? Where are the questions to Harry - chastising him about it all?

No one gives a damn - apparently. Main stream media - most of all.

And Harry - he is off to golf with Obama this weekend. What the hell. He will e-mail the folks back in Nevada and give them the prepared progressive spiel about it all. Just another day in the park, for PUBLIC LIAR Harry REID...

As long as WE all keep on re-electing him. And him. And her. And her. And him. And on and on and on....
lakitss

« Reply #6 on: 03 01, 13, 12:33:52:PM » Reply

I have never voted for any of the corrupt fucking democrats, so I accept no blame or responsibility.

Harry et al should be arrested for fraud and put away for life.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Reid to Press: ‘You Guys Have an Obligation to Report’ that Democrats
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory