Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 07:39:27:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663734 Posts in 298903 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: WHY GUN CONTROL WILL NEVER WORK IN AMERICA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: WHY GUN CONTROL WILL NEVER WORK IN AMERICA  (Read 1248 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #24 on: 03 01, 13, 11:43:02:AM » Reply

What chickenshits anti-gun nuts are. 

"The right [to bear arms] is general. It may be supposed from the phraseology of this provision that the right to keep and bear arms was only guaranteed to the militia; but this would be an interpretation not warranted by the intent. The militia, as has been explained elsewhere, consists of those persons who, under the laws, are liable to the performance of military duty, and are officered and enrolled for service when called upon.  If the right were limited to those enrolled, the purpose of the guarantee might be defeated altogether by the action or the neglect to act of the government it was meant to hold in check. The meaning of the provision undoubtedly is, that the people, from whom the militia must be taken, shall have the right to keep and bear arms, and they need no permission or regulation of law for the purpose. But this enables the government to have a well regulated militia; for to bear arms implies something more than mere keeping; it implies the learning to handle and use them in a way that makes those who keep them ready for their efficient use; in other words, it implies the right to meet for voluntary discipline in arms, observing in so doing the laws of public order."
-- Thomas M. Cooley, General Principles of Constitutional Law, Third Edition [1898]
lakitss

« Reply #25 on: 03 01, 13, 12:27:00:PM » Reply

The BLUF for me is; liberals are always in the pursuit of new ways to give the government(s) more power over us so they don't have to be self sufficient, self reliant or free.
Free men will never willingly give up any of the freedoms that our fore fathers fought to get and keep in the first place!

So; keep bloviating on what YOU think the constitution means instead of what it says; keep trying to restrict or remove all the rights, freedoms and guarantees we have with liberal laws and proposals, keep badmouthing and demeaning those of us who disagree by labeling us racists, or gun nuts or whatever.

You will fail.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #26 on: 03 01, 13, 12:30:43:PM » Reply

They will fail because there will always be at least 3 percent of us who will not sit still and be steamrolled, and that's all it takes to keep liberty alive.  The rest will just follow the leader.
wvit1001

« Reply #27 on: 03 01, 13, 12:40:08:PM » Reply

you nutcases like to pretend that someone somewhere is trying to take away you ability to own a gun don't you?

Nobody is actually proposing that though.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #28 on: 03 01, 13, 12:45:16:PM » Reply

So you are calling Sen Fienswine a liar?  Twice?

YOu dont beleive there is a city called Chicago that bans all firearms
even though the SCOTUS has ruled 'for' and indiciduals right to bear arms.?

And Mayor Bloomberg, I suppose he is just kidding about banning guns in NY

Do you really believe your own Bull Shit nitwvit

or do you beieve you can Bull Shit people smarter and more informed than you are?
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #29 on: 03 01, 13, 12:49:44:PM » Reply

you nutcases like to pretend that someone somewhere is trying to take away you ability to own a gun don't you?

We know how you statists and collectivists work:  Step by insidious step.   We've watched it happen time and time again.   Nutcases, maybe; but not stupid.

http://www.infowars.com/doj-memo-outlaw-and-confiscate-all-guns/
wvit1001

« Reply #30 on: 03 01, 13, 01:22:26:PM » Reply

what part of Fientein's proposal bans your owning guns?
wvit1001

« Reply #31 on: 03 01, 13, 01:24:04:PM » Reply

The other two thing you mentioned concerning Chicago and Bloomberg are local matters where the federal government has no say.  If you don't like them I would advise you not to live in Chicago or New York.
lakitss

« Reply #32 on: 03 01, 13, 01:44:01:PM » Reply

The issue is that Big Di wants this insanity at a federal level for all states!

Good luck sweetheart, and if you DO manage to squeek in some bullshit, most folks won't care or abide by iy anyway.
wvit1001

« Reply #33 on: 03 01, 13, 01:53:16:PM » Reply

what are you talking about lacky?  our fantasy world must he huge.  do you lick and kiss your gun before you sleep with it?
Local5th

God is Great Beer is Good and People are Crazy

« Reply #34 on: 03 01, 13, 01:59:17:PM » Reply

what part of Fientein's proposal bans your owning guns?

It bans future generations from owning the guns we own today. And it implements registration of grandfathered, banned, guns.
wvit1001

« Reply #35 on: 03 01, 13, 02:06:53:PM » Reply

I've got plenty of guns that aren't, weren't, and won't be banned from me passing them down to my son.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: WHY GUN CONTROL WILL NEVER WORK IN AMERICA
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory