Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 04:10:12:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663336 Posts in 298869 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: NRA is still currently more popular than President Obama, Hollywood 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: NRA is still currently more popular than President Obama, Hollywood  (Read 102 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« on: 01 20, 13, 05:43:04:AM » Reply

How about this, after all the negative publicity brought on by the liberal MSM and Barack Obama calling for a war on the NRA, a funny thing happened on the way to the popularity polls. According to the latest Gallup poll, the NRA actually has a higher popularity rating that does President Barack Obama.

Despite constant hammering by the national news media, the National Rifle Association has a favorability rating of 54 percent in the latest Gallup survey.  The survey was taken after the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary school shootings.

A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that the National Rifle Association is more popular than the entertainment industry.   Just 24 percent have positive feelings about the entertainment industry.   

The NRA is already in the midst of a membership boom, as the actions taken by Obama — and, in particular, his executive orders — convince people that the threat of the government seizing guns or limiting gun ownership is real and, because it is, a counter-weight to that government is needed.

The longer the fight on gun rights carries on, the more members — and money — the NRA will add. It’s not unreasonable to think the NRA will add more members (and raise more money) in 2013 than in any year in recent memory.

If early remarks from Congress members are a good indicator, a small move on guns seems to be the preferred option — even for many Democrats who either a) represent rural seats/states or b) hold Republican-leaning seats/states.

The likelihood of a small-bore bill coupled with the near-certainty of record growth in membership and money are a sort of best-of-both-worlds scenario for the NRA.

The NRA, while open to barring the mentally ill from buying guns, is "not willing to compromise on people's rights when there's no evidence that doing so will solve the problem."
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 01 20, 13, 06:09:28:AM » Reply

they have not been elected to anything.  fuck them.  who cares if they want kids and other people to die just so gun makers can more dough?  we are going to pass an assault weapons ban over their dead bodies, if necessary. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 01 20, 13, 06:13:39:AM » Reply

If early remarks from Congress members are a good indicator, a small move on guns seems to be the preferred option — even for many Democrats who either a) represent rural seats/states or b) hold Republican-leaning seats/states.

The likelihood of a small-bore bill coupled with the near-certainty of record growth in membership and money are a sort of best-of-both-worlds scenario for the NRA.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #3 on: 01 20, 13, 06:27:01:AM » Reply

they are chickenshits who put their political career before doing what is right.  anybody with an IQ and a soul has to be for banning assault weapons.  they are the weapon of choice of ALMOST EVERY MASS MURDERER IN OUR HISTORY...there is no more reason for a military type assault weapon to be for sale in this country than a grenade launcher or a ground to air missile.  it's really that simple.  the NRA cares more about the profits of their corporate masters- gun makers- than they do about so many killed by assault weapons who could be saved. 

* gun nut bill clinton.jpg (43.76 KB, 403x288 - viewed 1 times.)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 01 20, 13, 06:32:43:AM » Reply

The NRA was in fact started by two Union generals in 1871 as a means to driving out the Ku Klux Klan and ensuring that blacks, who although then-free were not allowed means with which to defend themselves — could in fact legally own a gun.

Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks. This allowed the Democratic policy of slavery to proceed with fewer bumps and, after the Civil War, allowed the Democratic Ku Klux Klan to menace and murder black Americans with little resistance.

After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted “Black Codes,” denying black Americans the right of citizenship – such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms – while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan.

Under authority of the Anti-Klan Act, President Grant deployed the U.S. military to destroy the Klan, and pretty nearly completed the job.

But the Klan had a few resurgences in the early and mid-20th century. Curiously, wherever the Klan became a political force, gun control laws would suddenly appear on the books.

The NRA opposed these discretionary gun permit laws and proceeded to grant NRA charters to blacks who sought to defend themselves from Klan violence -- including the great civil rights hero Robert F. Williams.

The NRA's proud history of fighting the Klan has been airbrushed out of the record by those who were complicit with the KKK, Jim Crow and racial terror, to wit: the Democrats.

In the preface to "Negroes With Guns," Williams writes: "I have asserted the right of Negroes to meet the violence of the Ku Klux Klan by armed self-defense -- and have acted on it. It has always been an accepted right of Americans, as the history of our Western states proves, that where the law is unable, or unwilling, to enforce order, the citizens can, and must act in self-defense against lawless violence."

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/5155463-negroes-with-guns-robert-f-williams
Baretta19

« Reply #5 on: 01 20, 13, 06:33:27:AM » Reply

they are chickenshits who put their political career before doing what is right

Take the party pecker out of your mouth and review some REAL FACTS. Instead of being blindly devoted to pathetic stupidity maybe you should pull uyour head out of the party anus and get a clue.

A POLITICAL SHOOTING GALLERY
Almost no one’s hands are clean on the chain of events that enabled the initial ban to expire in 2004. The law itself was hardly ideal, riddled with enough loopholes that firearms makers could continue to crank out the deadly weapons. President George W. Bush initially pledged to continue the ban in order to curtail violent crimes, but he backed away from that promise while in the thick of an intense 2004 reelection campaign.

Congress also retreated on any renewal. Then Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., and House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Tex., dismissed it as “feel good” legislation that contradicted the “will of the people.” And even many congressional Democrats who once championed the controversial ban when they were still in the majority, shied away from it because of the political risks involved.
Read more at <a href="[COLOR=#003399?=]http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/01/17/Why-Congress-Wimped-Out-on-the-Assault-Weapons-Ban.aspx#i1ouXgeFa9qSZBUd.99">http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/01/17/Why-Congress-Wimped-Out-on-the-Assault-Weapons-Ban.aspx#i1ouXgeFa9qSZBUd.99[/COLOR]
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #6 on: 01 20, 13, 07:07:14:AM » Reply

hoser is told to hate them by his slave masters, hoser is not allowed think for himself lest he be whipped with the slave whip by his slave masters....

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #7 on: 01 20, 13, 07:25:48:AM » Reply

you right wingers are a kinky bunch.  baretta and queeno always have gay fantasies in their replies, and the really super racist right wingers like to talk about whips and chains and being slaves.  you two groups should get a room and sell tickets for the other more inhibited right wingers to come watch.  a total right wing circle jerk, fo' shizzle. 
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 01 20, 13, 07:48:42:AM » Reply

The NRA actually has a higher popularity rating that does Obama.      Cool...
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #9 on: 01 20, 13, 07:59:04:AM » Reply

The NRA is there to defend the rights of the American people while the imperial president seeks to removes the rights afforded us under the Constitution.....
lakitss

« Reply #10 on: 01 20, 13, 09:33:14:AM » Reply

Root canals, colonoscopy's, the clap, and the shingles are more popular than Obama.

Congress has a 10 % favorability rating.

Those people are the ones that need help?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: NRA is still currently more popular than President Obama, Hollywood
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory