Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 12:41:43:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663702 Posts in 298900 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: *Tens of Thousands Flock to Hobby Lobby on National Appreciation Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: *Tens of Thousands Flock to Hobby Lobby on National Appreciation Day  (Read 136 times)
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« on: 01 06, 13, 06:37:37:AM » Reply

Tens of Thousands Flock to Hobby Lobby on National Appreciation Day

Thousands Sign Up to Support Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day Over HHS Mandate Fight

On Saturday, January 5th, all Americans who value freedom of religion and oppose the HHS Mandate’s unfair impositions upon religious individuals and corporate entities were called upon to show their support for Hobby Lobby by shopping either at their local retail Hobby Lobby store or online.
Over 60,000 signed up to support Hobby Lobby on national appreciation day,

The parking lot at Hobby Lobby in west St. Louis was packed today.

Inside the west St. Louis location the workers said, “It was like Christmas” and that business was booming today.

Aquilla King holds a sign supporting Hobby Lobby during “Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day” Saturday in Mississippi. (WDAM)

The story until now:

• September 12, 2012: Hobby Lobby files suit against Kathleen Sabelius and the US Department of Health and Human Services in US District Court for Western District of Oklahoma. They are represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty.

• November 19, 2012: District Judge Joe Heaton rules that privately owned companies such as Hobby Lobby are not exempt from the HHS Mandate on religious grounds because these enterprises do not possess the same religious rights as individuals and religious organizations do.

• December 20, 2012: The US Court of Appeals in Denver rules against Hobby Lobby on the same grounds as the lower court; the Green family vows to appeal to the US Supreme Court.

• December 26, 2012: Justice Sonia Sotomayor rejects an emergency request for injunction that would allow Hobby Lobby temporary exemption from the HHS Mandate pending the hearing of their full case before the high court.

• December 27, 2012: Hobby Lobby’s attorneys announce that the chain plans to defy the Mandate which will take effect January 1st, potentially costing the chain (which employs 13,000) hundreds of millions of dollars in fines by the time their case is finally decided.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 01 06, 13, 06:39:49:AM » Reply

fuck hobby lobby and all the other assholes that want employers to be able to tell their workers what they can use their insurance for.  that is a violation of the employees religious rights, idiot.  god, right wingers are so fucking stupid.  thank god they are slowly dying out, since most of them are old geezers and fools with mental problems. 
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #2 on: 01 06, 13, 06:40:56:AM » Reply

Hobby Lobby CEO’s Open Letter On Why They Are Fighting The Obama Regime’s HHS Mandate…

Hobby Lobby CEO David Green:

When my family and I started our company 40 years ago, we were working out of a garage on a $600 bank loan, assembling miniature picture frames. Our first retail store wasn’t much bigger than most people’s living rooms, but we had faith that we would succeed if we lived and worked according to God‘s word. From there, Hobby Lobby has become one of the nation’s largest arts and crafts retailers, with more than 500 locations in 41 states. Our children grew up into fine business leaders, and today we run Hobby Lobby together, as a family.

We’re Christians, and we run our business on Christian principles. I’ve always said that the first two goals of our business are (1) to run our business in harmony with God’s laws, and (2) to focus on people more than money. And that’s what we’ve tried to do. We close early so our employees can see their families at night. We keep our stores closed on Sundays, one of the week’s biggest shopping days, so that our workers and their families can enjoy a day of rest. We believe that it is by God’s grace that Hobby Lobby has endured, and he has blessed us and our employees. We’ve not only added jobs in a weak economy, we’ve raised wages for the past four years in a row. Our full-time employees start at 80% above minimum wage.

But now, our government threatens to change all of that. A new government health care mandate says that our family business MUST provide what I believe are abortion-causing drugs as part of our health insurance. Being Christians, we don’t pay for drugs that might cause abortions, which means that we don’t cover emergency contraception, the morning-after pill or the week-after pill. We believe doing so might end a life after the moment of conception, something that is contrary to our most important beliefs. It goes against the Biblical principles on which we have run this company since day one. If we refuse to comply, we could face $1.3 million PER DAY in government fines.

Our government threatens to fine job creators in a bad economy. Our government threatens to fine a company that’s raised wages four years running. Our government threatens to fine a family for running its business according to its beliefs. It’s not right. I know people will say we ought to follow the rules; that it’s the same for everybody. But that’s not true. The government has exempted thousands of companies from this mandate, for reasons of convenience or cost. But it won’t exempt them for reasons of religious belief.

So, Hobby Lobby – and my family – are forced to make a choice. With great reluctance, we filed a lawsuit today, represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, asking a federal court to stop this mandate before it hurts our business. We don’t like to go running into court, but we no longer have a choice. We believe people are more important than the bottom line and that honoring God is more important than turning a profit.

John Adams

« Reply #3 on: 01 06, 13, 06:45:36:AM » Reply

Employers have no obligation to provide insurance that is acceptable in a particular manner to the employee, not as long as there is a Constitution in America, something your kind do not understand.....

hoosier_daddy

« Reply #4 on: 01 06, 13, 06:50:35:AM » Reply

see?  he wants to be able to force his employees to follow HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.  FUCK THAT IDIOT.  what if he was a seventh day adventist and demanded to not pay for blood transfusions?  are you for that?  what if a mormon boss decided he did not want to pay for lung cancer treatment for an employee that smoked, since that is a sin to them to smoke?  what if the catholic church did not want to pay for HIV treatment for any priest that had the disease due to homosexual contact, which they consider immoral?  do you really want employers to be able to pick and choose what treatments and medicine their employees can use their insurance for based ON THEIR OWN BIZARRE RELIGIOUS BELIEFS?  TOTAL BULLSHIT, BOY.  they are not doing anything but providing insurance....the INDIVIDUAL WORKER AND THEIR DOCTOR ARE DECIDING WHAT TO USE IT FOR- THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.   
John Adams

« Reply #5 on: 01 06, 13, 06:53:40:AM » Reply

Employers are free to choose, why does that bother you liberals so much....

It is because liberals do not respect the individual, the right of property, of labor and the individuals rights to pursue his/her own interests....

That is the essence of the founding of this Nation, it was never intended that a central government would dictate the manner of living of the individual...but that is the intent of the liberal.....
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 01 06, 13, 07:06:34:AM » Reply

It is a Constitutional issue and will have to go to the USSC.   

When the Founding Fathers determined that the innate rights of men and women should be enshrined in our Constitution, they so esteemed religious liberty that they made it a freedom in the Bill of Rights.

In particular, the Founding Fathers fiercely defended the right of conscience.

In its Hosanna-Tabor decision upholding the right of churches to make ministerial hiring decisions, the Supreme Court unanimously and enthusiastically reaffirmed these longstanding and foundational principles of religious freedom.

Coercing religious ministries and citizens to pay directly for actions that violate their teaching is an unprecedented incursion into freedom of conscience.

The Amish do not carry health insurance. The government respects their principles. Christian Scientists want to heal by prayer alone, and the new health-care reform law respects that. Quakers and others object to killing even in wartime, and the government respects that principle for conscientious objectors.  The Obama administration has failed to show the same respect for the consciences of others who object to treating pregnancy as a disease.

When the government tampers with a freedom so fundamental to the life of our nation, one shudders to think what lies ahead.

TIMOTHY M. DOLAN
John Adams

« Reply #7 on: 01 06, 13, 07:08:27:AM » Reply

Government has no authority to interfere with the inalienable rights given to us by God, period....
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 01 06, 13, 08:22:41:AM » Reply

No one is being forced to follow anyone's religious beliefs.  If you don't like what the company offers as part of a compensation package, don't work there.  Or purchase your own insurance.

See how that works?
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #9 on: 01 06, 13, 11:01:46:AM » Reply

you fuckers actually want your bosses to have even more power over you!!  what good little obedient chickenshits you are, just the kind the repubs love.  want to limit my medical choices?  sure!  let me run it by you before i get my next gall bladder surgery to make sure it is okay with your dumbfuck religious beliefs first!! no problem! you are my god, fuck my religious beliefs, boss!  just let me know what you think about blood transfusions and birth control and lung cancer treatment and alcohol related liver diseases and whether or not i can use my insurance for this stuff, o-tay, Creator?  your will be done.  fuck my religious beliefs!
John Adams

« Reply #10 on: 01 06, 13, 11:17:46:AM » Reply

To whom does the company belong, loser dick....
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 01 06, 13, 11:22:36:AM » Reply

The Amish do not carry health insurance. The government respects their principles. Christian Scientists want to heal by prayer alone, and the new health-care reform law respects that. Quakers and others object to killing even in wartime, and the government respects that principle for conscientious objectors.  The Obama administration has failed to show the same respect for the consciences of others who object to treating pregnancy as a disease.

When the government tampers with a freedom so fundamental to the life of our nation, one shudders to think what lies ahead.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: *Tens of Thousands Flock to Hobby Lobby on National Appreciation Day
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory