Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 03:07:06:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663334 Posts in 298867 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: synthroid 0.075 mcg
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Be all that you can be 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Be all that you can be  (Read 33 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« on: 12 21, 12, 07:47:19:PM » Reply

A former U.S. drone operator has opened up about the toll of killing scores of innocent people by pressing a button from a control room in New Mexico.

Brandon Bryant, 27, from Missoula, Montana, spent six years in the Air Force operating Predator drones from inside a dark container.  But, after following orders to shoot and kill a child in Afghanistan, he knew he couldn't keep doing what he was doing and quit the military.

'I saw men, women and children die during that time,' he told Spiegel Online. 'I never thought I would kill that many people. In fact, I thought I couldn't kill anyone at all.'  The first time he fired a missile, he killed two men instantly and cried on his way home.  'I felt disconnected from humanity for almost a week,' he said.

But it was an incident when a Predator drone was circling above a flat-roofed house made of mud in Afghanistan, more than 6,250 miles away, that really sticks in his mind.  The hut had a shed used to hold goats and when he received the order to fire, he pressed a button with his left hand and marked the roof with a laser.  The pilot sitting next to him pressed the trigger on a joystick, causing the drone to launch a Hellfire missile. There were 16 seconds left until impact.

'These moments are like in slow motion,' he told the website.

As the countdown reached seven seconds, there was no sign of anyone on the ground.  Bryant could still have diverted the missile at that point. But when it was down to three seconds, a child suddenly walked around the corner.  The next thing he saw was a flash on the screen - the explosion. The building collapsed, and the child disappeared.

Bryant had a sick feeling in his stomach, he told the website.  'Did we just kill a kid?' he asked the pilot next to him.  'Yeah, I guess that was a kid,' the man replied.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249252/Brandon-Bryant-Drone-operator-followed-orders-shoot-child--decided-quit.html#ixzz2FjkER8zv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Oz

« Reply #1 on: 12 21, 12, 08:07:24:PM » Reply

'Yeah, I guess that was a kid,' the man replied.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Be all that you can be
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About