Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 06:36:53:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660412 Posts in 298589 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Looking for a Good Charitable Choice for this season? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5  Print
Author Topic: Looking for a Good Charitable Choice for this season?  (Read 9286 times)
HK91-762mm

FreePeople are Not Equal,Equal people are Not Free

« Reply #48 on: 12 14, 12, 08:34:39:PM » Reply

I understand the MSMC toys for tots uses NO money from donations to run the operation -- everything goes to the kids
KensanIV

« Reply #49 on: 12 14, 12, 08:56:20:PM » Reply

Jim, This Kiva thing fascinates me,  Is there anyway to make a one time donation via Pay-Pal?  I don't care for a follow up, payback or a progress report..just to know that the money will be used to help someone is sufficient.

I bought a goat a couple of years ago for some family in Cameroon Africa thru a local church here.. and that seemed to be well received.

I will need an email address and a phone number for the pay pal account plus the ability for the charity to accept Pay-Pal.

Thanks KensanIV
KensanIV

« Reply #50 on: 12 14, 12, 09:03:02:PM » Reply

PS- if you would just send me a message with the info.  Thanks
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #51 on: 12 14, 12, 10:52:03:PM » Reply

Sorry Kensan, I don't think they take donations that go to those looking for a loan.  KIVA certainly will accept your money, but I don't think thats what you meant.

I do know what you meant.  So far I have $500 invested in loans through Kiva. Most are $25 loans, some $50 loan and one $100 loan.  There have been many times I wanted to say "just keep it, I don't need it back",  but, a loan is a loan. 

Right now I have 20 loans being repaid at a dollar at a time. Every 2 weeks or so I accumulate $25 from those repaying which I can quickly turn around and loan out again to someone else.  Sometimes I just let it accumulate, then I will go back on a re-loan to a bunch of people, and probably add another $25 or $50 to it if I can afford it.  Its habit forming.  :- )

Neckbone72
Honored Member

« Reply #52 on: 12 15, 12, 08:02:11:PM » Reply

Just made a loan Jim. I used your link to get in but have no idea what happened after I went throught it a while to find a loan to make. Thanks for the info!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Looking for a Good Charitable Choice for this season?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory