Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 02:25:25:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Looking for a Good Charitable Choice for this season? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Looking for a Good Charitable Choice for this season?  (Read 9205 times)
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #24 on: 12 14, 12, 07:48:37:AM » Reply

Keep grousing, asscheecksasshop....

Merry Christmas to you too..

Ldy R.*       
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #25 on: 12 14, 12, 08:34:15:AM » Reply

MERRY CHRISTMAS, TWO WORDS LIBERALS HATE TO HEAR, IT IS HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO THEM, WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU ANYWAY.
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #26 on: 12 14, 12, 08:42:41:AM » Reply

I say both phrases, assmonkeyasshop.. I will even thrown in a good "MERRY YULE," for good measure...

It doesn't bother me in the least to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS."

In other words, all of the bullshit you believe is wrong...

The poser of the day would be; WTF is the matter with YOU,that you have become such a "Grinch?"

Merry Christmas..

Ldy R.*     
Oz

« Reply #27 on: 12 14, 12, 11:14:45:AM » Reply

Salvation Army does some great work.   Just not enough.
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #28 on: 12 14, 12, 11:20:40:AM » Reply

Let me tell you a story that may change your mind aesopsfable:  Several years ago a storm severally damaged a small town in Wisconsin.  The next morning...citizens from around the area moved in and started the clean-up, which lasted several weeks. One of the first teams on the scene was the Salvation Army with their portable kitchen...they served food each and every day until the clean-up was completed and charged not one dime.  So if their is a charity deserving of your dollars...the Salvation Army would be my recommendation! 
flgirl
Honored Member

« Reply #29 on: 12 14, 12, 11:28:13:AM » Reply

In any disaster, the Salvation Army is the best.  They are right there to help, while the others are still preparing, the Salvation Army is there working.  They were first after Katrina too.  Fill their red kettles, it goes to those who need help.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #30 on: 12 14, 12, 11:32:37:AM » Reply

Thank you Jim.  I hosted a Red Kettle several years ago, it was great fun.

We have a store near the factory that is changing lives, truly...

Ethical Choices

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20121128/SCBJ02/711299991/1014/BIZ06

Some years ago, Macy's attempted to do a "Fair Trade" line of baskets from African women...they were selling them for about $150 each...there was no way I could afford them.  So I started talking to the sales lady about them who went on to tell me that the reason they were so expensive was due to import laws, ensuring the women crafters had more supplies (because they were under exclusive contract w/ Macy's to create these things)...so I asked her how many had been sold...and she said "a few"...to which I replied, you do realize that a dollar in America is like $100 to these Bush women, right?  And Given that you're selling these, under exclusive contract to Macy's, if these sit on your shelves because NO ONE can afford them, how long will it be before these women actually see some money?  She couldn't answer of course.  That is why I have long avoided foreign investment in "fair trade"...but Ethical Choices sells their goods very reasonably and can bring in more merchandise, thus continuing the chain of work, self-worth and actual income for those crafters who make the items.  I have already bought 5 angels from them this year and were I a "girlie girl" I would be snatching up the lovely silk scarves they sell for less than $20...

We all have the power to do good, if we so choose.  I like to think globally and act locally, that's why I support our food bank and local mission.  The Salvation Army has been a mainstay all my life.  When my children were little, we had to keep tons of change in our pockets because every single store, the boys wanted to put money in...sometimes cleaning out their own piggy banks.  They loved hearing the "plink, plink, plink" as they would put in each one separately and I learned to have much patience w/ two little boys over the years, LOL

Oz...yes the SA does do good work, but absolutely NO ONE can do it all, there is always need...and will always be need.  That is why God gave us all the ability to be angels on earth...

aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #31 on: 12 14, 12, 11:36:26:AM » Reply

You miss the entire meaning of my post, I have nothing against the Salvation Army, gave plenty to it over the years. Go back to the beginning and read all the posts.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #32 on: 12 14, 12, 11:56:26:AM » Reply

Jim, the KIVA thing actually sounds like it works well and given that you've been doing it for years I assume you've had no problems?  This is something I would have to discuss w/ my husband, as we already have quite a few local commitments and he's always harping on me about spending our retirement.  But I was raised poor, as he was, but never gave the money much thought, because we always found ways to help.  Whether it was packing food baskets, making cookies, filling rice bags at church, or inviting others into our home to enjoy a dinner, which my mother frequently did for the many young men my dad worked w/ on projects as an electrician (projects like dams or power grids often meant out of state labor being brought in and many were young apprentice and journeymen who were learning from masters), I learned one phrase very early in life and have stated it often.

When your hands are open in giving, they are also open to receive.

What I've received, over the decades, is a warm feeling in my heart, many hugs, I've cried w/ those in need and been given pats on the back, as well as seeing my needs met...for me, they're very simple needs...because a smile goes a long way w/ me...

Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #33 on: 12 14, 12, 12:47:20:PM » Reply

Just imagine how much money people could give to charity if Obama was not elected.  Especially the wealthy.
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #34 on: 12 14, 12, 01:03:51:PM » Reply

Amazing how a thread about charity, immediately turns into political fodder for so many hacks here..

give it a fucking rest already...

Way to go Jim...thanks for the links. 
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #35 on: 12 14, 12, 01:33:42:PM » Reply

I'm with you, Bod.  One thing that irks me most is how totally non political Topics are often quickly politicized by someone.  I probably have done it on occasion, but I try my damnedest not to do that kind of thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Looking for a Good Charitable Choice for this season?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory