Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
05 01, 24, 03:26:50:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2664302 Posts in 298951 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Things every wife that cooks should know. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Things every wife that cooks should know.  (Read 602 times)
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« on: 11 23, 12, 10:45:30:AM » Reply

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/19/sex-secret-vegans-know/?intcmp=obinsite
aesopsfable

« Reply #1 on: 11 23, 12, 12:13:15:PM » Reply

Today's magic food
'

[LIST=1]
  • Over 40 studies show that eating oatmeal may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. According to Quaker, all it takes is 3/4 cup of oatmeal each day to help lower cholesterol. The soluble fiber in oats helps remove LDL or "bad" cholesterol, while maintaining the good cholesterol that your body needs. In January 1997, the Food and Drug Administration announced that oatmeal could carry a label claiming it may reduce the risk of heart disease when combined with a low-fat diet.

• The soluble fiber in oatmeal absorbs a considerable amount of water which significantly slows down your digestive process. This result is that you'll feel full longer, i.e. oatmeal can help you control your weight.

• You probably already have oats in your kitchen. It's estimated that eighty percent of U.S. households currently have oats in their cupboards.

• New research suggests that eating oatmeal may reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes. In fact, the American Diabetes Association already recommends that people with diabetes eat grains like oats. The soluble fiber in these foods help to control blood glucose levels.

• With the exception of certain flavored varieties, the oats found in your grocery store are 100% natural. If you look at the ingredients on a canister of rolled oats, you will usually see only one ingredient... rolled oats.

• According to recent studies, a diet that includes oatmeal may help reduce high blood pressure. The reduction is linked to the increase in soluble fiber provided by oatmeal. Oats contain more soluble fiber than whole wheat, rice or corn.

• Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.

• The fiber and other nutrients found in oatmeal may actually reduce the risk for certain cancers.

• Oatmeal is quick and convenient. Every type of oatmeal can be prepared in a microwave oven. Even when cooked on the stovetop, both old-fashioned and quick oats can usually be made in less than 10 minutes. And what about instant oatmeal… a hot breakfast in under a minute... incredible!

• Oatmeal can be absolutely delicious! Whether instant, cooked on the stove or baked in the oven, the combination of flavors you can fit into a serving of oatmeal is limited only by the imagination. Visit Mr Breakfast's Oatmeal Collection to see just 60 of the ways you can start to enjoy oatmeal today!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 11 23, 12, 12:28:57:PM » Reply

My mother fed us more oatmeal than anything else it seemed.  My husband eats oatmeal every day and yes he's cholesterol is lowering.

But sorry, I won't be going vegan or even vegetableatarian any time soon...
all things in moderation is my mantra...

well...some things...

aesopsfable

« Reply #3 on: 11 23, 12, 12:38:38:PM » Reply

Well, if you want your husband to be a rising star, he should eat his veggies.
aesopsfable

« Reply #4 on: 11 23, 12, 12:58:53:PM » Reply

15 foods that are not only very healthy but also cheap.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/cheap-healthy-15-nutritious-foods-about-2-dollars
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 11 23, 12, 03:34:20:PM » Reply

And now you know why I advocate revamping our SNAP food stamp program...

The fallacies that surround healthy eating continue to allow feckless government officials to write off the obesity problem among our nation's poorer citizens as a by-product of their inability to buy healthy foods...but they will allow purchases at fast food restaurants, chips, candy, soda and junk to be purchased w/ my tax dollars. (Now, I won't argue that organic foods are far more expensive, but simply buying regular fruits, veggies, beans, etc...I don't buy the argument)...and you can buy store brands of yogurt super cheap and it doesn't even have to be the greek stuff, just lowfat.  I get the Safeway brand for .40 cents each...

I just stripped my turkey bird and will have enough for another full leftovers meal, and a huge pot of turkey barley soup...it only cost me about $2 to buy stalks of celery, an onion and big carrots and a bag of barley...

If times were like during the depression, those who rely on public assistance would be making simple, hearty meals, but we've allowed the system to get out hand.

Oh, sorry...stepping off my soapbox now...

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 11 25, 12, 06:51:32:PM » Reply

I was raised on oatmeal in England but we called it porridge...............and I hated it unless I had a dollop of honey or jam in the centre of it.

Does eating oatmeal cookies count?
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 11 25, 12, 06:54:35:PM » Reply

I enjoy instant oatmeal for breakfast, sometime having grits instead.

A spoonful of local wildflower honey should help with spring and summer allergies.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Things every wife that cooks should know.
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory