Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
05 01, 24, 04:14:25:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2664469 Posts in 298970 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Can we ever have enough 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Can we ever have enough  (Read 405 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 11 05, 12, 10:36:40:PM » Reply

of anything we desire...need and want?   can we? 

If you love flowers... when is it enough?

If you love to travel... when is it enough?

If you love being around your family.... when is it enough?

If you love power tools...when is it enough?

Can we every have enough?

Some folks have the opportunity to have houses all over the country, world for that matter?  Is is excess, when is it enough?

Some folks have so much money they can do whatever they choose... when is it enough?

Tell me... when is it enough?

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 11 05, 12, 11:33:50:PM » Reply

There is one answer to every one of your questions...

When you needlessly put yourself into debt, can't afford it, but buy it anyway, or are willing to forego basics like food, power or medications, just to satisfy that hunger for "whatever", then it's too much...because you've already decided you can never have enough...

That's why bi-polar sufferers have it made...they spend like crazy (cuz they are), then they can blame their "sickness"...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 11 06, 12, 05:48:31:AM » Reply

Absolutley, you can have enough, even too much.

Practice self control. Works for me.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 11 06, 12, 06:06:01:AM » Reply

Takn....By whose standards are you speaking...yours or mines....everything I buy is with cash money, dear....evidently you have a problem with what I buy with my cash... that is so sad... shows a sign of jealousy seriously...and why would you care so much as to what I buy with cash....my money....my choice....

Folks invest in shoes... they homes, diamonds, gold and pearls... some use their monies to travel...good for them...

Should I  care .....I say good for them...

Now.. when did you become a medical doctor to diagnois a illness...and how do you judge?  Based on what?  Surely you have a license to do so.... I'm in the doctor's office all the time for arthritis...hon... no same in my game, dear... and not ashamed to tell it.. comes with age they tell me...

What are they telling you?  Oh wait... maybe you are perfect....

Takn... you should check yourself on your jealousy... that's a sickness...

You started acting kinda funny when I told the board that I have a indoor hot tub..... of course for cash.. and yes for medical reasons, arthritis if you must know... need it... sure I do...I will invest in myself with whatever it takes to ease the pain of it...

is that too much for you...you had a problem with the building of my driveway... called me a liar several times.. Oh wait... paid with cash...but I had help too... paid them with cash...as quiet as it's kept...

paid cash for this home...not much... but hey... my choice....you say move... I say you're nuts...and also say you take the good with the bad....not the best place to live not the worse...but I call it home...

paid cash to have it renovated....again... my choice with my cash...

Oooops... that means no mortgage... wow!  How could that happen?  What happens is you have a savings and spendable cash...

Read my book...when it is finished... surely you'd be intersted....

Get over it Takn...and deal with it...it is pathetic that reality is so hard to swallow for you....

Can we ever have enough?

Enough of your jealousy...that is a sickness...

Oh!  Good Morning!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 11 06, 12, 06:08:12:AM » Reply

Election day... wish I had more than one vote...

Obama/Biden...

You're right... can't control that...damn!
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 11 06, 12, 11:33:25:AM » Reply

Luv, it's bad you didn't understand what I said.  You don't have to use credit to go into debt, and I wasn't referring to you, but obviously, it now puts your original post into much better perspective, as I can only speculate you were questioning your own habits, out loud.

I never acted jealous of your hot tub...LOL I am not sure where you pulled that nugget from.  You need to step back and do a reality check dear.

You asked a question and I gave an answer based upon your parameters.  I didn't say it was about you, I answered it in the same perspective that you asked it.  That's why I said bi-polar sufferers have it made...are you now trying to tell us you're bi-polar?  LOL

Please, luv, get over yourself.  If you took my answer as an affront to your own habits, then I guess I touched a little to close to a nerve...

And just so you know...voting twice is illegal...harboring those kinds of thoughts portends that you are the perfect democrat, rather than a thinking, reasonable human being...how very sad for you...
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 11 06, 12, 11:40:17:AM » Reply

Self-control sunshine, is always the best course of action.  It's unfortunately, something that seems to be lost in this nation of excess. 
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 11 06, 12, 02:00:50:PM » Reply

When your mind is at peace and you feel happy inside - then you have enough................not that it's wrong to have a little more.

I was raised in a place that was recovering from a war, where our family had been bombed constantly and yet our house still stood among the ruins of others.  My father was in the Air Force and my mother did her best to feed us on the rations that she was allowed.   The rationing lasted long after the War had ended and we still had to use ration books to get certain food and clothing and to get back on our feet.   My parents were so grateful to have survived that the littlest things brought pleasure to us.  The recovery took so many years.  I remember the excitement at seeing a banana for the first time and the big thrill after school was to go to the local dairy and get a flavored ice cube for a penny.   There was never any waste in our house and I think I carried that within me all through my life because I am constantly being reminded that "we are not in World war 2 now" when there are bits of food found growing in my fridge that I have saved.

Coming to America was an eye opener for us - our family resented the fact that I married a man who wanted to take me away to a land of opportunity and his family were very cold to us too, right up to the time we left.  It took a long while for them to come around and we didn't dare send any pictures of things that we had purchased, like a big fridge, washer and dryer, etc., as everything over there was so small and fridges were still not existent in a lot of homes.   A hole in the garage floor (that's if you had a garage) was the ice box.

Soooo..............I am saying that depending on where you have come from to where you are now in life will give you a reason to be satisfied............or not.  If you were born into a wealthy family that lost everything, then you will have a different attitude as to what is enough for you personally.   
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #8 on: 11 06, 12, 02:43:04:PM » Reply

: `|...   : ` ] ` Very grim....but touching and stirring story, Em bout war, survival, family and strength!and being ever so grateful for what we have! Milk n honey ever the sweeter
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 11 06, 12, 06:37:11:PM » Reply

excess ... tell it to Donald Trump... a true capitalist...or any other American that can if they want to...damn...you still don't get it...

figures...

takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 11 07, 12, 03:42:24:AM » Reply

excess ... tell it to Donald Trump... a true capitalist...or any other American that can if they want to...damn...you still don't get it...

And yet, you call yourself a democrat...

So glad you'll be first in line to pony up that excess when Barack comes calling...and he will come calling...

But then again...

You still don't get it...
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #11 on: 11 07, 12, 06:00:32:AM » Reply

I got it alright...

party pooper...
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Can we ever have enough
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory