Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 04:14:26:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663493 Posts in 298882 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I want to put my bird feeders out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: I want to put my bird feeders out  (Read 244 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 11 02, 12, 10:41:11:AM » Reply

I just don't want to deal with the aftermath of rats... although I have rat traps, poison, etc... it's just not fair to have all this bird seed and feeders and not be able to enjoy it...it's just not fair...

What should I do?
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 11 02, 12, 10:52:28:AM » Reply

You can't fight  mother nature. You  put it out and they will come, more than you have now. I notice if I don't feed the birds for a week, even the squirrels disappear until I put it back out.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 11 02, 12, 10:56:30:AM » Reply

So are you saying that I should feed them or not?  I'd feed them in the empty lot next door but I'm scare the idiots here will take the poles to the metal shop...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 11 02, 12, 01:33:10:PM » Reply

I'm saying  rats and raccoons etc.. will hang out at your house for cover in the winter if you put the food out. As for thiefs, can't help ya there. I have my feeders really far from the house.   I don't think you have that much distance. Good luck in what you decide. Nothing like bird watching in the snow.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 11 02, 12, 05:34:35:PM » Reply

I guess I would keep putting the rat poison down and hope that the rats will be more attracted to that than birdseed.   I hang the suet blocks from the pine trees and there are even big birds that come for it and it is gone so fast.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 11 02, 12, 08:35:46:PM » Reply

ok... you talked me out of it... so I needed to go to harbor freight to get something... I forgot what is was that quick...just got home... but down the way was home depot... and they had this gigantic sign 75% off... don't hurt to look huh?... we I saw these 2 big hydrangea (red) for 30.00 and 75% made it 7.50...each... sooooooooooooooooooooooo

I got them... where in the hell do I put them tomorrow...I need to be stopped... and committed... but how do you resist that?  Tellme...

We are having light snow tonight...non stick...and I will be digging holes somewhere in the morning....maybe where the grapevine was ... but not a lot of sun... in the front... no...rose of sharon will be center stage... side... no...where the grapevine was and where the rose that the crackhead killed.... beside the ash... I'll have to do it tomorrow whereever it goes...

damn!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 11 03, 12, 06:17:34:AM » Reply

Admit it luv, you are a plantaholic like me. :-)
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #7 on: 11 03, 12, 07:14:20:AM » Reply

Feeding the birds brings squirrels, moles, voles, mice, damage to plants, the price is too high now, so I no longer feed them. Except for suet in the winter months.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 11 03, 12, 10:47:55:AM » Reply

I feed the birds, enjoy wathching them, but not near the house.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 11 03, 12, 11:18:44:AM » Reply

I want to feed the birds this winter so bad... it's almost uncontrollable...but I definitely don't want to fight the rodents that feed also...

My yard is just too small to have a bird feeder... maybe I will donate to Mill Creeks Park authorities...I love that park just to go somewhere to sit and watch...it just makes me sick...really sick...

This too shall pass...

now I've got to find a place this afternoon for the hydrangeas... if they make it threw the winter...how happy that will make me... I'll have to fight the weather, bigum, and the crackhead to keep them alive... cameras set.... it's going up to 45 today... the ground is still soft from the rain so it should not be too hard...These are show flowers in my opinion... maybe I can stage them in the front in place of the rose of Sharon and put the rose of sharon somewhere else...

Other than that... I'm getting set for the coming holidays...deaning every room really well so it won't be too hard during the coming season...

I have the most beautiful artifical tree but I don't put it up anymore for religious reasons...that's so sad also.. I could put it up in the yard and it would look real... for real... I spared no expense when it came to that... and now it's up in the attic gathering dust...I also got bulbs for it and it would look so Christmas but I can't... donate it or burnt it... what a test we all much take huh?

Oh! Good Morning!
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #10 on: 11 03, 12, 10:19:41:PM » Reply

Luv - I don't know of any religious reasons that could stop me putting up a beautiful tree and decorating it, especially if I already had it stored in my house.  If I were Jewish I would be sneaking my tree past the Rabbi's house!

Maybe you have become a Jehovah's Witness because I know they don't celebrate Christmas...................or birthdays either (I think).
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I want to put my bird feeders out
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory