Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 05:51:19:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661883 Posts in 298731 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: waiting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: waiting  (Read 1739 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #12 on: 10 29, 12, 11:18:35:AM » Reply

Luv...this is real. I am feeling it now.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #13 on: 10 29, 12, 11:53:41:AM » Reply

I guess the west coast decided to have some sympathy pains as well.  Winds are howling outside and the rain is coming in sheets at times...

Very strange weather.

As Sandy moves across the eastern US, we all have to pray it passes quickly and leaves less destruction than predicted...

Be safe everyone...

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #14 on: 10 29, 12, 01:13:50:PM » Reply

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #15 on: 10 29, 12, 01:23:15:PM » Reply

It's good you still have power, sun.  When and if it goes out I hope you have a wood stove or a gas range so that you can stay warm and heat up some soup and make a cup of tea.

Hopefully this too will pass quickly and you can get out and vote.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #16 on: 10 29, 12, 01:41:50:PM » Reply

I know this one maybe serious... a lot of folks didn't listen either about katrina... I see a lot of power outages and water damage to homes, trees down, etc... and loss of life... we never know who or when...

but what happens if it is like katrinalike to the east coast...I'm sorry, been threw a flood before... in New Orleans mind you, and after that I'd have to run for higher ground... in the case of this storm... I'd think it would be a nice to tour the west coast for a couple of weeks... better Detroit...lol... what a sight to see they tell me...

Don't forget to stage a video camera so you can show us if you can....and maybe offer to the news stations nationwide... they'd be interested like the rest of us...

They are forecasting tTuesday or Wednesday...and plenty of time to get the will taken care of... hey!  Reality... my friends...there will be lifes in jeopardy and possible death... we pray that we get threw it... some will some won't......

but me?  I'd have take that trip...whatever takes me one full tank of gasoline and 1 full tank back...

Off Topic

I found out what breaks my hands out for sure...

Weeds...grabbed some the other day and today... I have more blisters than a little bit...I was pulling annuals I missed and weeds also...I just wonder what weed it is...and I'm not going to try and find out either... gloves city...

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 10 29, 12, 03:16:18:PM » Reply

emily...I think you need electric to start the gas burners on my range.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 10 29, 12, 03:38:26:PM » Reply

You should be able to light them the old fashioned way as well, so long as the gas can be turned on.  Even with power outages our gas fireplace can come on, but the blower doesn't work.  If you can, check your manual...

Just stay safe sunshine, just stay safe...we're forming a huge circle of care and comfort for you and the East coast...trying to keep the positive energy flowing.

I've only been through one hurricane, Alicia, back in 83, and being from the North, where we were used to heavy snow that rarely did more than ensure we had to walk to school in the snow plow tracks, it was quite frightening; watching the water rise up to our door and the windows bow to the point we were sure they would shatter...when all was said and done, we came through it fairly unscathed except for one car that was flooded up to the steering wheel (the others we were able to pull into the garage and far enough up the driveway they were safe...but when we went to Galveston to help friends, that area was completely devastated.  We hosted 2 families for about a month post Alicia, til we could gut their house enough to start the drywalling it again...that was a challenge, we were sharing our house w/ another couple at the time anyway, so we had the one spare bedroom w/ 5 people and the livingroom became a campground.  But we managed and in the end, realized just how lucky everyone was to have only lost "stuff" and we all had construction skills to help rebuild...

Keep thinking good thoughts, post when you can to let us know you're okay...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 10 29, 12, 04:13:28:PM » Reply

I just have to get through the night...still have power but the wind action is getting going slowly but surely. We are being pounded with rain right now...over 2.5 inches so far. Could get aup to a foot they say.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #20 on: 10 29, 12, 04:28:33:PM » Reply

When the power goes out I can still use the gas burners on top of the stove - you just can't use the igniter system.  Just turn it on and have the match flame ready.

I really hope this is the case - as I'm having my stove delivered today and if the new stoves won't let you do this - then I got gas for nothing!

Stay in touch!  I really wish the doggies were with you - although they could be scared by the storms and having to let them out to pee - could be tricky.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: 10 29, 12, 04:34:42:PM » Reply

I kind of wish they were still here but I don't want to open the door to let  them out to do their thing. I went to get the mail earlier and it scared the __ out of me. I am hapapy they are safe and sound at home...I hope they stay that way.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: 10 29, 12, 07:09:50:PM » Reply

As long as you can still post sunshine, we'll ride it out with you in spirit...keeping those positive vibes headed your way.
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: waiting
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About