Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 03:14:24:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: waiting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: waiting  (Read 1712 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 10 28, 12, 12:22:48:PM » Reply

I hate waiting for a storm.
caserio1

« Reply #1 on: 10 28, 12, 12:24:07:PM » Reply

where are you?
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 10 28, 12, 12:24:23:PM » Reply

I hope you don't lose power.  It's all over the news out here and looks to be frightful.  If we don't hear from you, sun, we'll worry!  Holding good thoughts for you all out there on the east coast.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 10 28, 12, 01:19:29:PM » Reply

Uh oh sunshine, someone's fishing again...

LOL

Stay safe...
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 10 28, 12, 03:49:55:PM » Reply

My goodness Sunshine... I hope you have enough cover... and a basement... we will more than likely have high winds and little rain here... I'm praying that the 2 trees in front get blown away... but it's only a hope...

but you all down there are going to catch a lot of hell... secure all items that can be blown away...if a dogwood gets blown from your yard to here... what a blessing...lol  but I can dream still ok...

Seriously... have your insurance papers somewhere dry tight so you can make all your claims fast... most insurance companies should have contacted you all already... anyway....

Make sure your cell phone is packed with it...

All one can do is pray...that no one loses their lives...

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 10 28, 12, 07:06:51:PM » Reply

I am ready and will be riding this one out alone, hubby has to be at work so he left tonight since the chit will hit the fan by early morning.  My cell phone is charged.  I have a pretty good size house  with full basement, plenty of area to duck and cover. The dogs left an hour ago heading to  NY City, so please pray they get home safe.  I hope I don't lose power.....I hope it stays on but it is not sounding good and we have 80" or higher tall trees everywhere. 
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 10 28, 12, 07:52:06:PM » Reply

Keeping all of you in my prayers...just stay prepared and ready to hit the basement...

I hope Sandy peters out quickly and leaves the East Coast alone...
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #7 on: 10 29, 12, 07:16:33:AM » Reply

SUNSHINE YOU DON'T HIDE IN THE BASEMENT WHEN THERE'S FLOODING.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 29, 12, 09:24:36:AM » Reply

Mud...my house is on a hil no where near any flooding waters, but if the power goes out so does the sump pump. And then ground water will come in.  I am not setting foot in that basement if water is on the floor. I have a well protected room on the first floor. I have my mattress set  up, lots of pillows , blankets, battery radio and lamp and a ton of batteries and water. Sunshine will survive!!! My cell phone is staying on the charger until the lights go out. My biggest stress is if I cannot vote! Well, if a tree falls on the house again...that's my worry. These winds coming for two days will be as strong as the one that dumped the tree in my house during the last hurricane.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 10 29, 12, 09:26:53:AM » Reply

takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 10 29, 12, 11:05:28:AM » Reply

LOL, that's a cute graphic...

At this point, you have to find something to laugh about...too much scary stuff.

Just stay safe...

luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #11 on: 10 29, 12, 11:12:07:AM » Reply

I hope this storm isn't all hype...

we've had rain for two days.. and it won't stop here until Sunday maybe... but it's not a heavy rain... it's rain we really needed... wonder should I weed and feed today... I'm tempted...

waiting on the big one is hard...cause while you're safe now... you can't think of all the stuff you forgot when you're not safe...kicking and screaming afterwards is not funny...

Water and food are priority... and having a tent wouldn't hurt... afterall if you don't use it now you can use it later...

blankets are crucial for night warmth... some folks don't want to live in a shelter with a whole town out of fear... me?  I'd take my chances under a bridge on the highway....

Liquid dishwashing detergent (Ivory or Dawn) is something folks don't think about... so much you can do with it...keeping clean is going to be important to keep disease away... afterall... you don't know what the wind is going to blow...

Most important warn family and friends of what going on and tell them you may have to pay them a visit until the insurance company settles the claim...

This is the worse scenario....

The hype says monster storm... I've seen storms where whole towns were destroyed...FEMA just take too much time although a good thing in a pinch...

Family/Friends

Oh!  Good Morning!
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: waiting
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA