Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 08:23:27:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662699 Posts in 298804 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Understanding How Modern Liberals Think 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Understanding How Modern Liberals Think  (Read 11242 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #108 on: 09 19, 12, 10:51:30:PM » Reply

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is a broad political ideology or worldview founded on the ideas of liberty and equality.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as capitalism (either regulated or not), constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free press, free and fair elections, human rights and the free exercise of religion.

Modern Reality:   The Modern Liberal believes:

That One persons success indicates Someone else must have been cheated.

That their failure is not their fault, its the failt of those who succeeded in their place.

That Success, itself, is proof positive of a likelihood of cheating and bigotry.

That Failure, by itself, is proof positive that someone has been "Victimized."

That more Entitlements mean "something free for ME, and I'll worry about who pays for it - later."

That America has earned being attacked.

That American people have earned being hated.

That Christians behead as many people as Islamic Terrorists, so they are one and the same.

That children should know everything about sex because it protects them.

That having sex with whomever, or whatever they want, indicates nothing of the society's values or morals system.

justincase

« Reply #109 on: 09 19, 12, 11:00:01:PM » Reply

Modern Reality:   The Modern Liberal believes:

That One persons success indicates Someone else must have been cheated. I don't believe that.

That their failure is not their fault, its the failt of those who succeeded in their place. I don't believe that.

That Success, itself, is proof positive of a likelihood of cheating and bigotry. I don't believe that

That Failure, by itself, is proof positive that someone has been "Victimized." I don't believe that.

That more Entitlements mean "something free for ME, and I'll worry about who pays for it - later." I don't believe that.

That America has earned being attacked. I don't believe that.

That American people have earned being hated. I don't believe that.

That Christians behead as many people as Islamic Terrorists, so they are one and the same. I don't believe that.

That children should know everything about sex because it protects them. What do you mean by children?  Knowledge is power.

That having sex with whomever, or whatever they want, indicates nothing of the society's values or morals system. I don't believe that.
Etc-ctE
« Reply #110 on: 09 19, 12, 11:29:22:PM » Reply

(( I don't believe that. ))

Nor do I justin...
Amazed
« Reply #111 on: 09 19, 12, 11:30:02:PM » Reply

The Modern Dumbass thinks:

He can figure out what a group of people believes by watching some stupid right wing video and then thinks hard to imagine what it is in their heads. It would Never EVER occur to him to  actually ask someone what they they think. Then  he makes a post to tell people what they think and believe and nothing anyone says can get him to think different.

On top of all that, this dumbass actually thinks he's smart
Etc-ctE
« Reply #112 on: 09 19, 12, 11:45:33:PM » Reply

Hey Jim ~~ Seing as how you decided to leave this post on top all day.  I'll post an off topic question to you..

Are you to embarrassed to show yourself.  I noticed when your posting your ummmm remarks.  You show up off line in the members list, while everyone else who is online show they are online... 

jus wondrin...    
Amazed
« Reply #113 on: 09 19, 12, 11:48:49:PM » Reply

This idiotic thread is going to be moved to jim's all time greatest threads section
darkflower

« Reply #114 on: 09 20, 12, 12:21:43:AM » Reply

on a political ideology that belives that government is the only way to solve problems.

Not true. It is but one way. For some problems it works. But not for all problems.

Liberalism's emphasis on a large central government

Not true. There are problems with a large government with too much power, namely it gets corrupted by that power. Admittedly that is a lesson liberals need to take to heart. And neocons love powerful government but for killing and restricting rights rather than for protecting them. Wars and patriot act and tsa are some examples.

reduces the individual drive to excel because it punishes achievement.

That depends on how you define achievement and on how you define punish. Being rich is not an achievement, it is a gift. And taxes are not a punishment and the rich are not even taxed all that much more than anybody else. The overall tax burden in this country is not a flat rate but it is dang close to a flat rate, barely any progressive tax at all after you factor in all taxes and not just federal income taxes.

Liberalism believes in equal outcomes,

Equal pay for equal work? Of course. If you work hard, you should not make a pittance compared to one who does not work any harder or worse, does not even work at all.

whereas Conservatism believes in equal opprotunity.

Equal opportunity is a myth. And opportunity to do what? Be one of the exploiters? Even if there were equal opportunity, having a 1% chance of joining those who live off the work of others, which is what the rich do, is a pretty bad deal.

Despite everything Liberals believe in, you can't legislate prosperity.

You can legislate fixes. You can legislate the framework.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

« Reply #115 on: 09 20, 12, 12:25:38:AM » Reply

That One persons success indicates Someone else must have been cheated.
I don't believe that.
That their failure is not their fault, its the failt of those who succeeded in their place. I don't believe that.
That Success, itself, is proof positive of a likelihood of cheating and bigotry. I don't believe that
That Failure, by itself, is proof positive that someone has been "Victimized." I don't believe that.
That more Entitlements mean "something free for ME, and I'll worry about who pays for it - later." I don't believe that.
That America has earned being attacked. I don't believe that.
That American people have earned being hated. I don't believe that.
That Christians behead as many people as Islamic Terrorists, so they are one and the same. I don't believe that.
That children should know everything about sex because it protects them. What do you mean by children?  Knowledge is power.
That having sex with whomever, or whatever they want, indicates nothing of the society's values or morals system. I don't believe that.

Well isn't this a surprising development. After nearly four years of arguing back and forth over these exact topics, suddenly, you no longer agree you think this way, and have argued venomously in favor of each one.   

Did I say something to embarrass you away from that mindset?  If so, please tell so I can spread it further!

Mind you; I'm glad you've changed your views (both of you), but you will forgive me if I simply don't believe it, and fully expect you both to be arguing the points again tomorrow... :- )
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #116 on: 09 20, 12, 12:29:09:AM » Reply

On top of all that, this dumbass actually thinks he's smart

And now you suddenly realize "this dumbass" (you), are not... :- )
Amazed
« Reply #117 on: 09 20, 12, 12:31:21:AM » Reply

wow jim, what a comeback LOL
lluke47

« Reply #118 on: 09 20, 12, 12:32:41:AM » Reply

I have never seen, nor heard or talked to an intelligent liberal...

Jim............. 1

2liberals..... 0
Jim
Contributor

« Reply #119 on: 09 20, 12, 12:40:08:AM » Reply

Are you to embarrassed to show yourself.  I noticed when your posting your ummmm remarks.  You show up off line in the members list, while everyone else who is online show they are online... 

I show up "offline" when working in the Admin section too... Sometimes I'm lurking, mostly I'm not.  Usually I'm just cleaning the database, or tracking those attempting to register for nefarious reasons.  If I showed up "online" then you might get upset if I didn't answer a post, when I was likely not in that area at all. Then you might think I was just avoiding you.  And I don't do that.  :- )

I'm no different than anyone else. I will pop in to post a message or see whats going on. Then wait a few moments to see if anyone responds, then leave to do others things.

And right now, I'm outta here again. I need to measure a bedroom closet that my son and I are remodeling so we can buy the materials tomorrow..

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Understanding How Modern Liberals Think
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory