Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 02:39:42:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661853 Posts in 298728 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: the calm before the storm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: the calm before the storm  (Read 1236 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #12 on: 08 29, 12, 06:25:08:PM » Reply

ok... I'll just wait... I just don't want to do it when it's too cold or when the leaves fall... I bag my leaves with the mower...and some of the seed end up in the bagger...I don't want hay this year... dogs just drag it all in the house... and I still have some in between the cement driveway still... this summer has really been the worst for clean up...

Oh I don't understand what they are going to do to your yard Sun...is the trellis going up and out and the honeysuckle too?

Does that have something to do with the well? 

I was looking at the coupon in the Harbor Freight Ad sent today in the mail... and was looking at their electric snake... I may have to get on for a Christmas present...just in case....
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #13 on: 08 30, 12, 01:14:36:AM » Reply

I hope that you all stay safe on the east coast and that Isaac will have lost his punch by the time it reaches you.  Be prepared just in case.  We used to have a tsunami warning siren at the coast and we had some pretty scary storms there too and we had a disaster ready kit at all times.

Just got home tonight and I'm missing the beach - so is Hannah!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #14 on: 08 30, 12, 05:23:23:AM » Reply

Luv...I spent a week taking down the arbor and roving plants, replanting and moving  stones and gravel.   Today they dig up that box and see if it's crushed like the last 4 boxes in the neighborhood. I am not putting one back up.
As for seed, there's a small window of time between putting it down. I prefer it now but I can't get it down yet until I aerate on the 11th and after it rains but before leaves fall.  The ground needs some rain to soften it up so  the aerator works best and it looks like Isaac will give us that rain  this coming week.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 08 30, 12, 01:45:45:PM » Reply

The dug up two holes. One was  over 3 foot deep and one was 2 foot deep. They  pur a riser and green cover on one that has a fliter in it and the three foot hole had the distributer box in it. The lid had a huge crack and could be replaced.  Thank goodness because if the box was squished too then it would have cost me over $1000 as oppose to  $390. Whew...  Now I can rest assure no back up going . 4 nighbors found out the boxes were crushed at settlement. I was able to spread the gravel back but now I need to  do something with all that clay. I have something in mind. Part will be grass seed but the spot that might be dug up again, may be different....I see a new project coming........stay tuned.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #16 on: 08 31, 12, 08:21:39:AM » Reply

How do you do all of that...I have a small project that may take me all day if I can stand move than 10 minutes...I see you mind turning though...keeping it fresh to do other great projects... believe me I can't wait to see it materialize....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 08 31, 12, 12:25:32:PM » Reply

I changed my mind on the  patio blocks because they were discontinued.  I bought this ajuga today at Walmart and  will plant it here.

I just redid this garden with similar plants

In about a year, both newer gardens will look like this.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 08 31, 12, 12:26:48:PM » Reply

If this spot should need redug up at the sale of our house, these eplants are easily dug up and replant very easy again. And it's cheaper than  blocks and patio paver base etc.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 08 31, 12, 02:35:11:PM » Reply

Posted a double photo...oops
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: the calm before the storm
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory