Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 02:52:37:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: the calm before the storm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: the calm before the storm  (Read 1222 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 08 29, 12, 08:52:06:AM » Reply

Notice the missing arbor and picket fence, the lady that used to stand below the orange honey suckle.....I'll explain later if I survive this.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 08 29, 12, 08:54:15:AM » Reply

This was connected to the shed....... :-(
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 08 29, 12, 08:56:18:AM » Reply

We have 3 days to prepare for the storm...so I'm going out in an hour to see what I can do about the floods to come...maybe start to reseed...no fertilize... no... I don't know what to do in this panic state...what should I do?
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 08 29, 12, 09:16:30:AM » Reply

The very best of luck to you.

Prepare for loss of power and water.

Evacuate if necessary.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #4 on: 08 29, 12, 09:20:30:AM » Reply

Don't re-seed, the storm will wash the seed away.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 08 29, 12, 10:37:24:AM » Reply

Unless you can keep a gentle dampness to your seed luv, never reseed in summer.  Wait til' Fall or early Spring.

Prepare for a storm by ensuring you have flashlights w/ fresh batteries, bottled water (at least  a case), propane for your BBQ since it may be your only means of cooking afterward, dry goods and ready to eat items like beef jerky (for protein), dried fruit and crackers.  And above all, don't panic...

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 08 29, 12, 01:03:50:PM » Reply

Sorry, but not that kind of storm. I have to have the D box to my septic system dug up. It's 3 feet under right next to the shed. He was going to hand dig it today but when he found out how deep, he's coming with a small back hoe or what ever that thing is called.  I had to dump that whole arbor and picket fencesince half the screws were stripped.  I had to replant the vines and ground cover and scooped up gravel for 6 days straight.  I could just cry but I am over it now. No plans to ressed anaything until we see if Isaac visits.

The reason the D box has to be dug up is because recently 4 homes sold here and when they had the home inspection they found the boxes  all crushed under ground. I could just scream at the  builder but he died in a plane crash already.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 08 29, 12, 01:26:08:PM » Reply

Ouch...
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #8 on: 08 29, 12, 01:59:30:PM » Reply

Darn! Just lost another post. As I was trying to say. Auugh!!Read you posting about re-planting honeysuckle. Little did I know what that meant! At least you have pictures of what was!...&can replant, re-build and eventually get back... similar! :
  or who knowss, maybe even better.... <don't think about all the work :x ...look on the brightside like your name, the sunside'-)

takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 08 29, 12, 02:19:24:PM » Reply

I wish I had sunshine's energy to do all that work.  Right now I am trying to catch up just a little rest in between shifts...it's gotten so hectic, I'm not sure if I'm coming or going at work anymore...

I have Thing2 pulling weeds and laying the line down to put stepping stones alongside the driveway. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 08 29, 12, 04:31:36:PM » Reply

Pacifica...there is a bright side to all this. It won't be a leaf catcher in the fall. The deer cannot hide behind it now while chowing down on my wild flower garden that is a little ways  behind it.  I guess they will be back in the morning to do the digging.

I won't be replacing it. I plan to just  plant grass seed there. You never know if there will be another problem down the road with the septic, I cannot go through moving all this like I have for the last 7 days.  If and when I ever move, I will never have a well and septic system...never.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: 08 29, 12, 04:35:43:PM » Reply

Luv...wait just a few more weeks to seed. Or at least wait till Isaac is over. I am reseeding my yard on the 11th. Warm days and cooler nights is all grass seed needs this time of year. And  some rain is helpful.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: the calm before the storm
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory