Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 02:58:50:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663718 Posts in 298901 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: blatent lies..... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: blatent lies.....  (Read 100 times)
Sadie402

« on: 08 27, 12, 05:38:02:PM » Reply

John Boehner Backs Mitt Romney's False Welfare Claim

Posted:
08/27/2012 2:09 pm
 Updated:
08/27/2012 3:05 pm

TAMPA, Fla. -- House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Monday backed Mitt Romney's false charge that President Barack Obama has ended welfare work requirements. He said that the proximity of the policy to the election raised questions as to whether Obama was trying to shore up his base in advance of the election, a charge recently made by Romney and shot through with racial overtones.
The Romney campaign, in interviews and television ads, has been repeatedly and falsely accusing President Obama of ending welfare's work requirement. In an interview with USA Today published Monday, Romney ramped up the charge.
"There's no question in my mind that the president's action was calculated to ... shore up his base," Romney said, in what appears an obvious reference to an old racial stereotype, that welfare is a program for African Americans.
Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said that Romney was referring to his liberal base. "President Obama’s liberal base are the people who believe the same way he does: that government is the solution to everything," Saul told HuffPost earlier.
At a luncheon hosted by the Christian Science Monitor, HuffPost asked Boehner if Romney's false charge had gone too far.
Boehner replied, "The president came out and announced that he was going to waive the work requirements that are outlined in the 1996 welfare reform bill. He's the one who said it. And those work requirements have in fact facilitated moving people from welfare to work. ... For the president to try to waive those work requirements, I think, is wrong for the country, and it's really wrong for those people on welfare who need training, who need skills, who need to get into the mainstream of American society. The premise of your question I think is wrong.
"All I know is that he did it. Why would he do it, you know, 90 days, 85 days before the election? I'll let you answer that one."
One answer might be because several governors -- including Republicans Utah Gov. Gary Herbert and Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval -- have asked him to. (Sandoval now claims he does not support work waivers.)
As HuffPost reported earlier, the charge stems from a July memo from the Department of Health and Human Services, which invited states to apply for waivers "to allow states to test alternative and innovative strategies, policies, and procedures that are designed to improve employment outcomes for needy families." It did not end work requirements, as multiple independent fact-checkers have attested.
In fact, Romney was one of 29 Republican governors who signed a letter to HHS in 2005 asking Congress for similar waivers to the work requirement.
Boehner's support of Romney's false charge plays into a larger strategy. The New York Times reported recently that the former governor's aides believe that the welfare attack "resonates with working-class voters who see government as doing nothing for them."
As HuffPost reported earlier:
 Racial attitudes are a crucial predictor of whites' views on welfare. Romney's line of attack plays well with those who have a negative view of African Americans, Brown University political scientist Michael Tesler found when he analyzed data of those who saw Romney's ad. He found that it primed views on "racial resentment" but not other attitudes such as "party or ideological self-identification."
Boehner, meanwhile, said that the Republican party needs to reach out to minority voters in order to broaden support. He said that the recession has given Republicans an opening.
"We've never done well with those groups, but think about who this economic downturn has affected the most: Blacks, hispanics, young people," he said. "If we're going to be a national party, we need to reach out, showing up in their neighborhoods. It's a tall order, but it can be done."
caserio1

« Reply #1 on: 08 27, 12, 05:46:24:PM » Reply

lies are the mothers milk of republican campaigning

they are still looking for wmds
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 08 27, 12, 05:47:20:PM » Reply

Two liars telling lies.  Wow.
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #3 on: 08 27, 12, 06:49:48:PM » Reply

BHO has allowed states to waive work requirements.

Where is the lie?

But there is one clear lie in your post.

Gov. Romney VETOED the attempt to waive work requirements in MA.  His veto was overridden.

So it looks like Sadie has no problem posting blatent lies.

And why does the left always have to make everything racial?
jst-the-fax
Evil does not exist within a gun. It exists in the minds and hearts of those who pull the trigger for evil purposes.---Laus Deo
Contributor

http://purebredcatrescue.org/

« Reply #4 on: 08 27, 12, 08:16:24:PM » Reply

delusional  thoughts are a side effect of smoking crack cocaine several times a day...so be gentle with sadie, as she cannot help herself
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 08 27, 12, 08:20:41:PM » Reply

Yep, sadiexxxx!! sounds like a crack whore.
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #6 on: 08 27, 12, 08:20:59:PM » Reply

delusional  thoughts are a side effect of smoking crack cocaine several times a day...so be gentle with sadie, as she cannot help herself

Bullsh*t! 

I have not doubt that Sadie does not smoke crack.

But I have to say, I do not understand what happened to her.

She and I go way back and have had many conversations.  Rarely did we agree on policies.  But I never seen her as childish, petty and bigoted as she is now.

I wonder what happened.

Maybe it is the company she has been keeping?
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #7 on: 08 28, 12, 07:31:35:AM » Reply

Bullsh*t! 

I have not doubt that Sadie does not smoke crack.

But I have to say, I do not understand what happened to her.

She and I go way back and have had many conversations.  Rarely did we agree on policies.  But I never seen her as childish, petty and bigoted as she is now.

I wonder what happened.

Maybe it is the company she has been keeping?

Caserioitist no doubt. The man is a disease and it spreads, just look at Sadie , dondc , Capt Kook , Mystic , Cheryl , dawjr.
caserio1

« Reply #8 on: 08 28, 12, 10:19:45:AM » Reply

truth tellers always upset the close minded

especially those with little use for the truth
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 08 28, 12, 10:49:48:AM » Reply

You've just described yourself to a "T," cusserio.
willam

Formerly known as lm-oregon

« Reply #10 on: 08 28, 12, 06:00:17:PM » Reply

Posted where, Sadie - in your dreams? Oh, that's right it's a Huff Post piece.

Intriguing play on semantics, hon.

Let' see - Obama IS the prez. He makes decisions and is accountable for his dictates.

Boehner and Romney are only justly and rightfully HOLDING Obama's feet the fire in regard to the presidential dictates that the president (Barack Obama) is pursuing.

To suggest years and years ago as a Governor Romney signed on to something or another is not the same as saying he stands for the same thing TODAY.

Kind of like Barack Obama back in the day when he took positions and changed his positions  - not being so very clear about increasing the debt ceiling and compounding our nation's debt as a U.S. Senator - as well as flipping and flopping on gay marriage so many times previous to 2012 who really knows today or would bet their house on what Obama's position on that topic will be - in 2013?

It is what it is, Sadie. And if Obama cannot stand the heat of the GOP calling him out for it - he shoulda stuck with being a U.S. Senator - for at least one complete term. Or not run for president in the first place - at all.

caserio1

« Reply #11 on: 08 28, 12, 06:06:53:PM » Reply

can't stand the heat ?

he's giving it to romney in spades

don't you listen ?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: blatent lies.....
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory