Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 01:09:30:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653663 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Romney Hammers Obama Over $7.16 trillion Medicare theft 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Romney Hammers Obama Over $7.16 trillion Medicare theft  (Read 1012 times)
wxzyw
"Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin." Aesop

God Bless People of Good Will

« on: 08 18, 12, 08:39:36:PM » Reply

First Romney Weekly Podcast Hammers Obama Over Medicare

MITT ROMNEY: This November, America will make a choice about the direction we want to go as a country – and nowhere is that choice clearer than on the issue of Medicare.

President Obama’s healthcare law raided $716 billion from the Medicare trust fund. And he did that to finance his takeover of the healthcare system.

Now if that wasn’t bad enough, his healthcare law also put in place a board of 15 unelected bureaucrats and gave them the power to make additional cuts to Medicare without even having to get approval from Congress. This means they could deny elderly Americans the care they’ve worked for their entire lives – all because President Obama trusts bureaucrats more than he trusts seniors and their doctors.

And here’s one more troubling aspect of all this: According to independent, non-partisan scorekeepers, these cuts the President’s people will take to Medicare won’t prevent it from going bankrupt: Experts estimate that Medicare’s trust funds will be exhausted just twelve short years from now.

Now there is good news, and that is there’s a better approach. Last November, I released a plan to save and strengthen Medicare – without making any changes for those that are 55 years of age and older. And then shortly after that, my running mate, Paul Ryan, he worked in a bipartisan way to advance a nearly identical series of reforms in Congress.

Now that he and I have teamed up, we’re going to ensure that seniors are protected from President Obama’s reckless actions. We’re going to take our solutions all the way to the White House.

We are going to start by repealing Obamacare. That law is threatening seniors, and it is a maze of new federal mandates, and taxes, and penalties that’s hampering job creation.

Once the partisan roadblock is removed, we can work with leaders from both parties to advance real solutions to save Medicare.

The Romney-Ryan plan will make no changes to Medicare for those that are retired or near retirement. And if we act soon, we can reorient our policies without asking seniors to reorganize their lives.

For younger Americans, we are going to strengthen Medicare by providing future retirees with federal financial support and letting them choose from a list of Medicare-approved coverage plans, including a traditional Medicare option.

The amount of financial support that a person would get would be adjusted based on their income; more help would go to the poor or the sick -- and less help would go to those that are financially better off. It would be based on how much the plans cost so that seniors always have access to affordable, quality coverage. And no senior could ever be denied coverage for any reason.

The Romney-Ryan plan preserves and protects Medicare – and it guarantees the future of the program by forcing insurance companies to compete for business. Choice and competition will drive costs down and make quality better, resulting in more affordable, better care for our seniors.

We’ve got to save this critical program. You paid into it, and you’ve earned it. I think it’s outrageous that the President took $716 billion out of the Medicare trust fund to pay for Obamacare. No President should put in jeopardy your benefits. And no board of bureaucrats should ever be empowered to make decisions that could deny you the kind of care that you deserve.

This November, I hope you will reject President Obama’s cuts to Medicare. And I hope you will choose Paul Ryan and me to protect health and retirement security, to promote prosperity, and restore our economic growth.
Oz

« Reply #1 on: 08 18, 12, 08:42:42:PM » Reply

And this sterling piece of silver-foot-in-mouth shows he doesn't even know what's in his own plan.

Romney struggles to square with Ryan's Medicare plan

MIAMI – Stumping here on Monday, Mitt Romney told reporters he couldn’t think of how he differs from running mate Paul Ryan when it comes to their views on Medicare.

“We haven’t gone through piece by piece and said, ‘Oh, here’s a place where there’s a difference,’” Romney said of his running mate’s plan. “But my plan for Medicare is very similar to his plan, which is ‘Do not change the program for current retirees or near-retirees but do not do what the president has done and that is to cut $700 billion out of the current program.”
Sustaining Medicare, the government’s health care program for seniors, will likely become a central issue in this election campaign – particularly because Ryan, the House budget committee chairman, crafted a controversial plan that analysts say would increase costs for low-income and unhealthy seniors down the road.
In the days since Paul Ryan joined the Republican ticket, the spotlight has been on Ryan's proposal for government to give seniors money to buy their own insurance – part of a sweeping Medicare reform plan. NBC's Chuck Todd reports.

Romney was less committal Monday than he was in January, when he said during a debate that Ryan’s Medicare reform plan was “absolutely right on.” Instead, he said that he and Ryan agreed on the main points – and that he planned to restore the $700 billion cut from Medicare under Obama’s Affordable Care Act.

There’s a hitch, however: Ryan’s budget makes the same $700 billion in Medicare cuts as the Obama plan. CNBC's Scott Cohn explains:

“The Affordable Care Act – Obamacare – does cut the growth of Medicare by $700 billion over 10 years. But benefits to seniors actually increase under Obamacare, which reduces payments to providers in exchange for more people covered by insurance. What’s more, the Ryan plan – approved by the House – cuts Medicare spending every bit as much as Obamacare does. In fact, it incorporates the very same budget projections, even as it repeals Obamacare. That’s what you call having it both ways.”

Faced with questions about Ryan's support for these cuts, the Romney campaign clarified its position Monday evening and disagreed with those cuts

Short version:  Romney's lying his ass off....
internetto
Forgive them, for they know not what they doodoo. Now go, and sin no more. Never vote for a Republican.

HA! HA! Republicans have poopypants™.

« Reply #2 on: 08 18, 12, 08:47:27:PM » Reply

Romneycare will kill your grandmother.

HA! HA!
internetto
Forgive them, for they know not what they doodoo. Now go, and sin no more. Never vote for a Republican.

HA! HA! Republicans have poopypants™.

« Reply #3 on: 08 18, 12, 08:49:07:PM » Reply

Ryancare will kill his own grandmother.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OGnE83A1Z4U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/OGnE83A1Z4U</a>

HA! HA!
Oz

« Reply #4 on: 08 18, 12, 08:49:58:PM » Reply

And, it's $700 billion both plans would cut... not trillions....
wxzyw

« Reply #5 on: 08 18, 12, 08:54:50:PM » Reply

And, it's $700 billion both plans would cut... not trillions....

took you long enough to find a typo but, the facts remain.......... 0bama and Pelosi ("we have to pass it before we know what's in it") made fools of everyone.
Etc-ctE
« Reply #6 on: 08 18, 12, 09:32:31:PM » Reply

Romney Can Hammer Obama all he wants.  But where is his proof.

Talk talk talk ~  but NO ~ walk walk walk...
Oz

« Reply #7 on: 08 18, 12, 09:33:27:PM » Reply

ObamaCare has already saved seniors $3.2 billion a year in prescription drug costs.

In addition, ObamaCare:

Did away with "pre-existing conditions"  (especially on newborns)

Did away with insurance company caps on coverage... (that death panel thing)

Did away with insurance companies cancelling your insurance if you get sick or hurt  (that death panel thing again)

Saved 1.2 million policy-holders $1.1 billion in premiums (insurance companies overcharged, and had to refund the overcharges)

Extended the solvency of Medicare by 8 years (that $700 billion in savings)

Allows parents to keep college-age kids on their health insurance.
wxzyw

« Reply #8 on: 08 18, 12, 10:09:56:PM » Reply

... nothing more than BS and lies

0bama steals $.716 trillion and he's your hero.... whatever happened to long-term catestrophic coverage?
Etc-ctE
« Reply #9 on: 08 18, 12, 10:23:57:PM » Reply

(( ... nothing more than BS and lies ))

That coming from someone who hasn't read the HR 3590...

(( whatever happened to long-term catestrophic [sic] coverage? ))

Covered... 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #10 on: 08 18, 12, 10:35:32:PM » Reply

(( ... nothing more than BS and lies ))

That coming from someone who hasn't read the HR 3590...
You should read it!

Then you wouldn't post out of ignorance!
Etc-ctE
« Reply #11 on: 08 18, 12, 10:52:21:PM » Reply

(( Then you wouldn't post out of ignorance! ))

NO I haven't read it all.  There are 2,409 pages.  But I have read the Sections that will pertain to me and the section on issues that the right wingers think they have...

So no ignorance on my part but you on the other hand --- oh ~ never mind...
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Romney Hammers Obama Over $7.16 trillion Medicare theft
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory