Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 04:29:31:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663339 Posts in 298869 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Had to cancel my volunteering 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Had to cancel my volunteering  (Read 1016 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #12 on: 06 09, 12, 10:22:22:PM » Reply

ok are you ready for this...

someone gave me a painkiller today and I was leary... but it worked... that person came by to see how I was feeling I told this person I felt normal for the first time in years...

I was told it was methadone....

Now what is that all about?  all the pain in my body left me?  I've never been on any street drugs... etc... I'm a little upset about what it is but I went online and it's for heroin addicts.... What?....

I don't know what to say... other then I want a prescription for it verses Ibuprofen... which only works a little but need to sometimes take another one later... this little pill lasted all day and I did a lot of stuff and still right now need to do more and more then likely will...I have no back issues right now where before I could do something and have to sit wait and get back up... I should have cut the grass today but I just didn't want to suffer another back pain...It's 1010pm and I should go out and do it while I feel like it...

I'm in shock...if I took it I would take it according to prescribed... but how do you get it if you're not an addict...I'm definitely not getting it on the street...and the flexiril is out... no more... it makes me feel worse then the back pain... it's a temporary fix but it doesn't last all day...

I'm so confused tonight... why won't they give you the correct medicine for your illness regardless instead of the stupid I've been taking cause too much ibuprofen will cause liver issues later... but we cross those bridges when we get to them don't we? 

but why do I have to go there?

the issues methodone gives from what I read comes not close to that....

I don't want to live the rest of my life in back pain like I've had in the last month or so...

tell me what you think cause I'm really confused?
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #13 on: 06 10, 12, 01:07:23:AM » Reply

Luv...you don't even want to make methadone a possibility...once you're hooked, you're hooked.  The majority of heroin and methamphetamine addicts who start methadone never get off of it...

It may be legal, but it's just as addictive and think about this, the fact that your friend gave you a single dose was not only illegal because it's a highly controlled substance, but because your body will start to crave it, just as much as any street drug and your tolerance will build, meaning you require more to satisfy each time...

http://www.lakeviewhealthblog.com/uncategorized/methadone-just-as-harmful-as-heroin/

Don't do it...whatever you do.  I am not sure your 'friend' is much of a friend if they get you hooked on something as powerful as that...

Tread carefully.

I have personal experience that the best way to cure nagging back pain is through massage and yoga as well as exercise to strengthen the back muscles and realign the spine...losing weight, if you need to, helps as well.

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #14 on: 06 10, 12, 05:22:59:AM » Reply

Luv, don't take it!!!  Never take a prescription from anyone. Besides,  it just covers up the pain temporarily and you may be making it worse.
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #15 on: 06 10, 12, 07:56:59:AM » Reply

I recommend you become a pothead, it fits right in with your neighborhood, if you can't beat them, join them.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #16 on: 06 10, 12, 03:21:17:PM » Reply

Well I woke up this morning thinking I had a stroke...thank goodness it was just the same old pain I usually have... I took an ibuprofen and it's working... like normal...

no I don't plan on taking methodone again... but it was an experience I won't forget.... and yes I will be informing my doctor...after I take a blood test this week...

I don't want flexiril and don't want to get addictive to it... growing old is not the best thing in the world but that's life isn't it...

what a test!
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #17 on: 06 10, 12, 07:49:59:PM » Reply

I broke down and took a Vicodin so I could sleep last night and I finally got some rest and then the pain woke me like a bomb going off in my shoulder blade at about 6:30 - so I went out to the kitchen and got an ice pack but it made no difference.   I dragged around all morning and then remembered I had an old hydroculator in the linen cupboard.  It's a pack that you boil up and then put it in a towel and apply the moist heat to the troubled area.  The Doctor said "only ice" but that wasn't working and I figured 'what the hell' it couldn't get much worse - so I did it.  It felt so good and I was ok for a few hours with just dull pain but this afternoon it's getting bad again.  It takes all my resolve not to take a pain killer - but they make me feel so drugged!   The Oxycodone is definitely one I will not take again as it made me feel sick and Advil doesn't seem to do anything at all unless accompanied by something else.  I can't wait to call the Doctor in the morning, and I am not going to wait until next Friday to go in and have him read my xray.  He can at least confirm what the problem is over the phone and recommend some kind of therapy.  This is an experience I have never had before.  My husband said that I probably don't know what real pain is and I said that childbirth should count - and I never hollered then!  Men...........(sorry muddy)!
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Had to cancel my volunteering
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory