Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:20:56:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653395 Posts in 297919 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: How to hide a tree stump 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: How to hide a tree stump  (Read 1604 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 06 10, 12, 06:45:38:AM » Reply

Bulid  up around it with  blocks or rocks, fill it with gravel and then top off with concrete.....decorate with tile. I covered the stump with blocks and concrete several years ago  but  made the new top this past week.  I originally covered the blocks with  a circle of plywood and tile but it did not last, the wood rotted so I just tiled right on to the concrete this time.  I still have to repaint the white part,  clean up the tiles and then seal it to protect it from water and ice.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 06 10, 12, 12:14:43:PM » Reply

What a cool idea!  You could eventually attach a basin to make a bird bath or put a planter in the center and grow something that trails...Love it....
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 06 10, 12, 03:10:40:PM » Reply

I plan to put a pot in the center with stepable plants.  I just regrouted it and it's drying now....it was so hot doing it and no shade. The next step would be sealing the grout from the elemnets.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 06 10, 12, 03:26:36:PM » Reply

wow... who would have thought...

great ideal...although the one I had is slowing decomposing and will be gone after I keep hitting is with an axe... I need to take my frustrations out on something....lol

love it sun...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 06 10, 12, 07:54:35:PM » Reply

That's so unique.   I am imagining the Mad Hatter's tea party around it in your garden - all the little critters eating from the table!

You must be feeling better, sun?   Wish I could concentrate on some gardening but I don't want to injure myself further.................I guess I am a wimp!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 11, 12, 10:05:25:AM » Reply

No, not really emily. I keep on working and then I feel the effects at night when I sleep.  I put another coat of grout on the table but used a smooth whiter one...it sucks....it's gonna take forever to pick this one off. It's kind of stretch, the other was  so much easier removing from the tiles.   Oh well, not like it's going anywhere.

And luv...been there done that hacking at stumps. LOL
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 06 11, 12, 12:14:04:PM » Reply

I showed my husband this (I'm always doting on you sunshine) and he agrees, if we ever make it to Virginia, we want to walk through your gardens...

my next project:  my husband decided it's not worth mowing this little strip w/ the new sidewalk in, so this is the garden I will extend and possibly put a a fountain in.  I will center the honeysuckles this fall and move the garden stones and all the little creepers this summer.  Not sure, but will likely just use more of the black edging vs paver stone to make the outside border. 

* P1070196.JPG (1610.09 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 96 times.)

* P1070197.JPG (1531.59 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 88 times.)
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 06 11, 12, 12:46:27:PM » Reply

Kill it all...put in gravel with some stepable plants that will take over. Don't forget the preen so weeds won't grow.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #8 on: 06 11, 12, 01:56:29:PM » Reply

That honeysuckle is really lovely takn.  I should get some of that and trail it up the fence where we have lattice.

I wish I could get Preen for the weeds but it is toxic to dogs and Hannah eats everything in the garden - we really have to watch her because she munches on flowers.  I think that hubby is going to break down and build her a run which is a shame because she loves to race all over the garden and it's good exercise for her.  I hope Ozzie doesn't dine on your flowers!   
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 06 11, 12, 11:32:54:PM » Reply

Oh, I can't kill my honeysuckle sunshine...it's so lovely and the smell is out of this world!  I am going to transplant all those little steppables to the perimeter. I have a lot of lemon thyme and sage as well in there...again, I am totally into scent gardening along the front porch...I am considering lavender in this area too, because someone dug up all my lavender along the outer fenceline.

I was showing my husband some fountains that I like...they would make a great focal point centered in front of the honeysuckle...

I love this one from Amazon
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: How to hide a tree stump
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory