Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 05:57:23:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Wrenched my shoulder 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Wrenched my shoulder  (Read 2198 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 06 04, 12, 11:59:39:PM » Reply

I really don't know how I did it but woke up this morning with pain so bad in my right shoulder I thought I was going to pass out.  Also my hand was numb.  Popped a couple of Advil - which I never do and it didn't go away so luckily our Doctor who we know pretty well, fitted me in at 10 this morning.  I ended up with 3 different shots in my shoulder blade and top of my shoulder.   I have an old torn rotator cuff injury that plays up now and again but nothing so bad as today.  It still hasn't gone away but the pain is at least more tolerable now.  I have to drive tomorrow so I am hoping I won't have to get a substitute.

I've been on alternate heat and ice ever since.   Gardening activities have come to a halt!

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 06 05, 12, 12:49:07:AM » Reply

Ouch...I have a bad rotator and the muscles in my upper back sometimes stiffen up to the point that I can't move my neck or my arm.  I have been through physical therapy and still use the bungi bands I was given when I have flare ups and I enjoy deep tissue massages and ultrasound massages that seem to really work out the kinks.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #2 on: 06 05, 12, 05:14:49:AM » Reply

Gettin old is a bitch.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 06 05, 12, 05:38:26:AM » Reply

My left arm goes so numb at night  it wakes me and I have keep shaking it out. Sometimes the weather makes it feel worse. Not a torn rotar cuff. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and  some shoulder paing from  yard work adding to the damage. I am going to PT for it this month.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 06 05, 12, 09:21:00:AM » Reply

I got abottle of arthritis and sport penetrating heat rub with alcohol and I couldn't not believe that it works great...it has capsicum in it... and only cost 2.00....it's by Dr. Fred Summit...

I put it in a spray bottle and it gives instance relief... just spray and rub and it's good on the feet also... it's more or less in the same family of Absorbine... which works for me sometimes...

give it a try if you can find some and use it regular and see what happens... instance relief is better then no relief...

also have those heat patches and it sometimes works but irritating that it moves although it shouldn't because of the stick they use...

hope the doctor can give instance relief also...

http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Summit-ARTHRITIS-Penetrating-STRENGTH/dp/B005UFBE2S
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 05, 12, 02:03:33:PM » Reply

I  tried rub-on capsasin and it hurt, burned my skin so bad I returned it. I guess I may have been allergic to  something in it.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 06 05, 12, 02:25:00:PM » Reply

Thanks for all the tips - had a bad night with the pain so I cancelled my driving for this morning but I'm going to do it this afternoon.  Pain only slightly better so I'm wondering when the coritizone will kick in.  I haven't had anything quite like this - and Advil hasn't done much to help.   I bought those patches - Salon Pas - but they didn't do anything either!  I guess it just has to run it's course.   I'm not sure about the spray if it burns the skin but I might try it cautiously.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #7 on: 06 05, 12, 03:07:46:PM » Reply

ALIEVE
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Wrenched my shoulder
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory