Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 04:02:21:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663335 Posts in 298868 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: "Miss me yet?" - GWB 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: "Miss me yet?" - GWB  (Read 225 times)
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #12 on: 05 24, 12, 07:37:01:PM » Reply

Gas Bag Font trying but failing to deflect against bungle-it barry being the worst most irresponsible anti-American president ever.
dg9990
Honored Member

« Reply #13 on: 05 24, 12, 07:38:18:PM » Reply

Let's look briefly at the 1990's. The longest expansion in history began when Bush 41 was president. It was extended by the Republican Congress with legislation in 1997. This legislation lowered taxes for everybody, stimulated the economy, and lead to a balanced budget.

Let's look briefly at the 2000's. The Dot Com bubble burst was in 2000, and by December 2000, the economy was in a slowdown. Bill Clinton had negotiated the China trade agreement allowing China into the WTO, and loss of millions of US jobs. The recession officially began in March 2011 which was too soon for any GWB policies to be passed by Congress.  Eventually, we had the 2001 Tax Cuts, and they were small in scope. Most of the tax cuts were to be phased in over several years. ... The 9-11 Attacks impacted the economy. The Recession officially ended in November 2011. The War on Terror began soon after the 9/11 attacks. The Iraq War began in 2003. The economy was expanding, but job growth was not fast enough to keep up with population and with productivity gains. We had a "jobless recovery". ..... Tax Relief 2003 was intended to stimulate the economy. It speeded up Tax Cuts of 2011, and the tax bills were lowered for all taxpayers. Working middle class families had generous tax cuts. The economy was stimulated; incomes increased; tax revenues increased; and deficits decreased. .... Eight million jobs were created in 4 years (2004-2007)..... In 2007, Democrats took control of Congress. The Democrats resisted all efforts to reform Fannie and Freddie in spite of evidence a financial crisis was a risk of ignoring problems..... Democrats raised the minimum wage 40% in 2007, and that lead to a reversal of positive employment trends that began with Tax Relief 2003. Unemployment became a problem especially in non-skilled jobs, People could not pay their mortgages, and lost theirs houses to foreclosure. Fannie and Freddie were committing massive fraud. The Financial Crisis followed. ... Incomes decreased; tax revenues decreased; and deficits increased. The financial crisis devastated working middle class families.  In 2009 Obama became president. His $900 billion stimulus failed to stimulate the economy. However, the aggressive monetary policies implemented by the Federal Reserve did thaw frozen credit markets, and the free-fall of financial markets ended.

Throughout the 2000=2009 decade, the biggest increase to spending was for old entitlement programs that grow automatically with inflation and with population. The biggest driver of deficits is the growth of entitlement spending, and that problem must be solved to prevent a complete financial collapse of the US government.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #14 on: 05 24, 12, 07:38:58:PM » Reply

how many soldiers has obama killed by sending them into wars based on lies, you stupid motherfucker?  answer, none.  bush, around 4500....that's an anti-american president, you fucking asshole. 
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #15 on: 05 24, 12, 07:42:03:PM » Reply

Talli to claim that it takes three years to stop spending is like a drunk claiming that he started quiting liquor 3 years ago, when he is averaging more now than he was then. There is no such a thing as, "I've started to stop" one has either stopped or he hasn't stopped. This statement isn't about how much Obama should have spent, or not spent. It is about how he minipulates what he says. Like an alcoholic, a president doesn't start to stop spending. The only actual options are "Stop", "Increase" & "Continue". I contend that he increased, but that isn't the thrust of my point.

In what way do you feel he has reversed spending trends, when the spending is far higher than it ever was? I admit that he did set in motion what will lower defense spending, but relative to what Obamacare will cost if not overturned, it is de minimis.
dg9990
Honored Member

« Reply #16 on: 05 24, 12, 07:44:10:PM » Reply

I post verifiable facts instead of cursing at other Aesop members.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 05 24, 12, 07:44:35:PM » Reply

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/obamavsbush

"On July 7, 2011, U.S. troop deaths from the war in Afghanistan since President Obama took office reached 1,000. That means that nearly two-thirds of the U.S. fatalities in the war in Afghanistan have occurred during the Obama administration, which has managed the war for a mere quarter of its duration."
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #18 on: 05 24, 12, 10:12:07:PM » Reply

he didn't start the stupid shit war, bitch...how many died AFTER nixon was elected and we were stuck in vietnam, you stupid asshole?
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #19 on: 05 24, 12, 10:37:50:PM » Reply

HELL NO~~

No one but the whiny, sniveling, loser repubs miss the mess that was the bush lite so called administration...

repubs are too stupid to realize that gwb was the president that has brought their party low .

Oh well.. "Cest La Vie..." 

LAFFIN~~~~

dismissed....

Ldy R.* 
dg9990
Honored Member

« Reply #20 on: 05 24, 12, 10:47:40:PM » Reply

JFK got us involved in Viet Nam.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: 05 25, 12, 06:06:54:AM » Reply

Al Qaeda started the war, you miserable fucking hooshit.
cathlab3
Honored Member

« Reply #22 on: 05 25, 12, 07:10:00:AM » Reply

Only a dumb shit like Hoser would bring up NIXON in a GWB debate. Lefties live in the past because they do not see the future.
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: "Miss me yet?" - GWB
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About