Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 23, 24, 11:52:12:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2661920 Posts in 298739 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: MEME BUSTERS! - And the "Gutsy" Call... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: MEME BUSTERS! - And the "Gutsy" Call...  (Read 12128 times)
talli

« Reply #12 on: 05 17, 12, 08:00:15:AM » Reply

Whittle's Second Big Lie is when he says that George W. Bush didn't take his eye off the ball by invading Iraq.  Oh, yes, yes he did:

Two days after 9/11 he promised catching Bin Laden would be the top priority of his administration and that they wouldn't rest until he was found.
Then 6 months later -- to the day -- he said he didn't know where Bn Laden was and had no idea where he was but he didn't care, because it wasn't important, it wasn't the priority for his administration.
And Whittle follows that LIE on with some gibberish about AQI -- which was formed after the US War on Iraq started and never engaged in any activities of any kind at all and was without a leader until October of 2004!

Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) was a popular name for the Iraqi division of the international Salafi jihadi militant organization al-Qaeda. It was recognized as a part of the greater Iraqi insurgency.

The group was founded in 2003 as a reaction to the US led Coalition Iraq war, and first led by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who declared allegiance to Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network in October 2004. It was initially operating under the name Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad (Arabic:
جماعة التوحيد والجهاد
‎, "Group of Monotheism and Jihad"); since 2004 its official name is Tanzim Qaidat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn (QJBR) ("Organization of Jihad's Base in the Country of the Two Rivers"). Foreign (non-Iraqi) fighters are widely thought to play a key role in its network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda_in_Iraq

Some "experts" even question the existence or power of this group in Iraq because for one thing, Saddam and Bin Laden hated each other, and it would have been tricky for them to operate in Iraq, nonetheless they were not a force operating there until after the Iraq war was a year and 7 months in.

The Myth of AQI
By Andrew Tilghman

Fighting al-Qaeda in Iraq is the last big argument for keeping U.S. troops in the country. But the military's estimation of the threat is alarmingly wrong.

Too long to post so read the article here:  http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2007/0710.tilghman.html
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #13 on: 05 17, 12, 08:23:48:AM » Reply

imagine how much different it would have been if gore had won in 2000, i mean won in the supreme court.....IF, and that is a pretty big if according to richard clarke, 9/11 had gone off exactly the same, we would have NEVER occupied afghanistan, we would not have invaded and occupied iraq, and WE WOULD HAVE CONCENTRATED WITH FULL FORCE AND EFFORT AND FOCUS ON BIN LADEN AND THE CORE OF THE AL QAEDA LEADERSHIP AND KILLED OFF AL QAEDA RIGHT THEN AND THERE IN TORA BORA....
Baretta19

« Reply #14 on: 05 17, 12, 08:26:47:AM » Reply

major combat operations were over and that the US and he allies had prevailed

Being an ignorant liberal it is highly unlikely you have a clue what a "Major combat" operation actaully is and/or whether it was "won" or not.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #15 on: 05 17, 12, 08:27:42:AM » Reply

Two days after 9/11 he promised catching Bin Laden would be the top priority of his administration and that they wouldn't rest until he was found.
Then 6 months later -- to the day -- he said he didn't know where Bn Laden was and had no idea where he was but he didn't care, because it wasn't important, it wasn't the priority for his administration.

Out of context...  False conclusion on your part as with many, Talli.   

Bush's March 13 2002 news conference

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore. And if we -- excuse me for a minute -- and if we find a training camp, we'll take care of it. Either we will or our friends will. That's one of the things -- part of the new phase that's becoming apparent to the American people is that we're working closely with other governments to deny sanctuary, or training, or a place to hide, or a place to raise money.

And we've got more work to do. See, that's the thing the American people have got to understand, that we've only been at this six months. This is going to be a long struggle. I keep saying that; I don't know whether you all believe me or not. But time will show you that it's going to take a long time to achieve this objective. And I can assure you, I am not going to blink. And I'm not going to get tired. Because I know what is at stake. And history has called us to action, and I am going to seize this moment for the good of the world, for peace in the world and for freedom.
Baretta19

« Reply #16 on: 05 17, 12, 08:28:55:AM » Reply

a lying fucking war criminal that gets a free pass from the right wingers while they steadily attack obama for the slightest imagined flaw or mistake. hard to fucking believe. 

Funny how we keep hearing "fucking war criminal" yet to date the liberals have done NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH, ZERO. This says alot about either your total stupidity or the FACT you're a blind devoted lying asshole.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #17 on: 05 17, 12, 08:29:04:AM » Reply

yeah, we know what it means, dumbfuck.  we also know how far up bush's ass your head is, bitch.  major combat operations are not over if you lose 4000 more men in that fucked up country over the next 8 years till you get everybody out.  dumbass.  as for jerkwater, here you go, dumbfuck...from WHAT YOU YOURSELF POSTED-

Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure.And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #18 on: 05 17, 12, 08:33:21:AM » Reply

You can't educate a Liberal they are too fun king stupid.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: 05 17, 12, 08:38:19:AM » Reply

And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

Out of context, Hooty...  False conclusion on your part.   Read it all...

Bush's March 13 2002 news conference

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins. He has no place to train his al Qaeda killers anymore. And if we -- excuse me for a minute -- and if we find a training camp, we'll take care of it. Either we will or our friends will. That's one of the things -- part of the new phase that's becoming apparent to the American people is that we're working closely with other governments to deny sanctuary, or training, or a place to hide, or a place to raise money.

And we've got more work to do. See, that's the thing the American people have got to understand, that we've only been at this six months. This is going to be a long struggle. I keep saying that; I don't know whether you all believe me or not. But time will show you that it's going to take a long time to achieve this objective. And I can assure you, I am not going to blink. And I'm not going to get tired. Because I know what is at stake. And history has called us to action, and I am going to seize this moment for the good of the world, for peace in the world and for freedom.
talli

« Reply #20 on: 05 17, 12, 08:50:18:AM » Reply

And some panty-waisted little prick like Bill Whittle can try all he wants to to steal fire from President Obama with regard to the fact that President Obama eliminated Bin Laden who if he wasn't the biggest terrorist and threat to the world had sure been built up as such by the Bush administration, whose leader George W. Bush promised to find and rid the world of Bin Laden only to drop the ball and say he didn't care about finding him.

And, Whittle contradicts himself about this by talking about this huge network of Al Qaeda terrorists built up in Iraq by Bin Laden, and then turns around and tries to downplay the elimination of Bin Laden and conveniently forgets all the Bin Laden Lieutenants and other terrorists that Obama has gotten rid of.

Then Whittle launches into Bush's "strategery" -- OMG, even calling it that!

But he's got to think his audience is the dumbest bunch of gulls ever to come down the pike, because Bush had no long range plan like the invasion of Africa as a prelude to the rest of WWII, Bush didn't even have an exit plan, how could he have thought far enough ahead to have this long-range, well planned stategy of attacking Iraq first, so that then we could later get Bin Laden?  But wait, didn't we go to war in Afghanistan where Bin Laden was said to be, first?  If we were already there, why did we need another country as a base of some kind?  Why split and dilute the troop strength?

There's no way in the world Bush had a long range plan.  No, it was just easier to attack Iraq because our troops were finding the same difficulties trying to win a war in Afghanistan that invading armies have found in Afghanistan for decades upon decades.

Besides Georgie both wanted to avenge losses Saddam handed to his father, George Herbert Walker Bush, in the earlier Persian Gulf War and at the same time show Daddy up, by accomplishing what his father couldn't, and GW didn't accomplish it either, all he managed to do was to get Saddam executed.

And Whittle plays all around with the whole thing exposing Bush lies instead of proving anything negative about Obama.

For example, the idea that we went to war to bring these down-trodden people of Iraq Democracy.   But that was the 2nd or 3rd reason the people of the US were handed for why we were there.

And it begs the question, of why if Saudi Arabia has so much worse a human rights record than Iraq had under Saddam -- which it did -- and 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis -- why the H*ll did Bush attack Iraq and not Saudi Arabia to give them Democracy?!

Oh, that's right the Bush family is in bed with all the Saudi oilmen!

Also, on this we move into another country preparatory to war so we have a base of operations -- don't we already have Israel in the Middle East to work from, and what about those Saudi pals of Bush?  Wouldn't it have been better and easier to call on supposed friends and allies to let us operate out of their countries instead of attacking a country that never attacked us?

Anyway, I'm very sick of listening to Bill Whittle and his LIES, and when he tried to take the credit from those who deserve it, like President Obama and the current administration, and hand to F*CKTARDS Bush, Cheney and Rice who got us into that Godd*mnedable quagmire they got us into in Iraq with no idea how to get us out, and put us in the economic K-Hole they put us into with wars on two fronts and tax cuts for the wealthy, I get down-right homicidal and want to leap through the screen and tear him limb from limb!

What a leech, what a useless disgusting Cling-on Whittle is, with nothing that would make anyone even notice him except for a noxious ability to try and tear down his betters!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: 05 17, 12, 08:57:41:AM » Reply

Three weeks into the invasion, US-led Coalition forces moved into Baghdad. Units of the Iraqi Special Republican Guard led the defence of the city. The rest of the defenders were a mixture of Republican Guard units, regular army units, Fedayeen Saddam, and non-Iraqi Arab volunteers. Initial plans were for Coalition units to surround the city and gradually move in, forcing Iraqi armor and ground units to cluster into a central pocket in the city, and then attack with air and artillery forces.

This plan soon became unnecessary, as an initial engagement of armored units south of the city saw most of the Republican Guard's assets destroyed and routes in the southern outskirts of the city occupied. On 5 April, Task Force 1–64 Armor of the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division executed a raid, later called the "Thunder Run", to test remaining Iraqi defenses, with 29 tanks and 14 Bradley armored fighting vehicles advancing to the Baghdad airport. They met heavy resistance, but were successful in reaching the airport. U.S. troops faced heavy fighting in the airport, and were even temporarily pushed out, but eventually secured the airport.

The next day, another brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division attacked into downtown Baghdad and occupied one of the palaces of Saddam Hussein in fierce fighting. U.S. Marines also faced heavy shelling from Iraqi artillery as they attempted to cross a river bridge, but the river crossing was successful. The Iraqis managed to inflict some casualties on the U.S. forces near the airport from defensive positions but suffered severe casualties from air bombardment. Within hours of the palace seizure and with television coverage of this spreading through Iraq, U.S. forces ordered Iraqi forces within Baghdad to surrender, or the city would face a full-scale assault. Iraqi government officials had either disappeared or had conceded defeat, and on 9 April 2003, Baghdad was formally occupied by Coalition forces.

More @

http://www.aesopsretreat.com/forum/index.php?topic=101705.msg818682#msg818682
2whyme
Honored Member

« Reply #22 on: 05 17, 12, 09:00:17:AM » Reply

talli blubbered: 
What a leech, what a useless disgusting Cling-on Whittle is, with nothing that would make anyone even notice him except for a noxious ability to try and tear down his betters!

And who would be the better that is trying to tear down, certainly not the current doofus in the white house.  He is no one's better.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #23 on: 05 17, 12, 09:10:58:AM » Reply

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure.And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: MEME BUSTERS! - And the "Gutsy" Call...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory