Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 03:17:32:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662960 Posts in 298829 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: The Catholic Church brings back indulgences 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The Catholic Church brings back indulgences  (Read 1856 times)
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #12 on: 05 02, 12, 10:16:42:PM » Reply

normal people are not like you are

I doubt you know any, maybe met some, rarely
bhsgrad1972

There is a SEVERE lack of common sense these days.

« Reply #13 on: 05 03, 12, 09:29:47:AM » Reply

The BIBLE says nothing about these so-called "indulgences".  I know that it does say that you cannot buy your way into heaven.  Jesus spoke about how hard it was for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 19:24-26

New International Version (NIV)

24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

The Bible very clearly states that there is only ONE way to enter the Kingdom, and that is by salvation through repentance and accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

John 3 :1-18

New International Version (NIV)

1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?
11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven —the Son of Man.
14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

This is what I have believed ever since I can remember, learning about Jesus way back in Sunday School as a girl. 

sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #14 on: 05 03, 12, 10:53:24:AM » Reply

Tell gassy

next he'll say the Bible is a hate book!
caserio1

« Reply #15 on: 05 03, 12, 11:26:21:AM » Reply

I'm surprised at you bhs

sqn is driven by hate but you seemed a more reasonable person

I tell you that his is not the venue for attacking ones religious beliefs

so knock it off
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #16 on: 05 03, 12, 11:29:51:AM » Reply

how about it gassy  ?

the Bible is a 'hate ' book to you and your fellow libturds, right ?

it's okay to admit it here, we all know you think it anyway!

see, dimturds have no use for Christian charity.
caserio1

« Reply #17 on: 05 03, 12, 11:32:44:AM » Reply

this from a lowlife that exudes hate on every post
bhsgrad1972

« Reply #18 on: 05 03, 12, 11:33:12:AM » Reply

Why are you surprised at me, cas?   All I did was reference the BIBLE.  I didn't attack anyone.

I am NOT a Catholic; I don't agree with many of their basic beliefs. I respect their beliefs; I just don't agree with all of them. I belong to an American Baptist church.
caserio1

« Reply #19 on: 05 03, 12, 11:37:46:AM » Reply

as I said

this is not the venue for religious discussion

and your support of sqn is very much an attack on catholicism
bhsgrad1972

« Reply #20 on: 05 03, 12, 11:50:56:AM » Reply

Oh, no, you don't, cas.  I am NOT allowing you to paint me with that brush.  I have not attacked the Catholic Church, and you KNOW that.  I said that I personally do not agree with all their beliefs.  That is NOT an attack, and only a mentally disturbed person would think it was.  I have friends who are Catholics.  THEY know that while I don't agree with all their beliefs, that I know that we do worship the same God, and the same Jesus Christ our Savior.

The scripture I posted was to reinforce my beliefs, and to show where I got them.

Our Constitution guarantees the FREEDOM OF WORSHIP in this country.  Many of those who founded America came here because they did NOT want to be forced to belong to a particular church.  I have the same rights those people had.  I CHOSE to worship where I belong.  No one forced me to attend the church I belong to.

This board has had many discussions of religion and religious beliefs.  Why now, all of a sudden, are you saying it's "not the venue" for such discussion?

You need to go back to bed, and get up again and start your day off in a better mood.  You're entirely too cranky today.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

« Reply #21 on: 05 03, 12, 12:20:48:PM » Reply

Where did I attack?

I merely report the facts

You can spin them at your leisure now being the liar extrodinaire that you are known for here gassy

If you dont like my post, take it up with the Pope, ya dumbfuck!
caserio1

« Reply #22 on: 05 03, 12, 12:46:41:PM » Reply

I said so

end of discussion
bhsgrad1972

« Reply #23 on: 05 03, 12, 12:48:46:PM » Reply

No, not the END at all.

And just because cas SAYS something, does NOT make it so.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  eXcite  |  Topic: The Catholic Church brings back indulgences
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory